Chocolate Cravings - help!!!!!

Options
I can make good choices for meals and everything but have such a craving for sweet things! I can let whole days go to pot on chocolate alone! Its like if i dont see results on the scales for a couple of days (i know weighing yourself every day is bad) it has the eeffect on me that i go and eat bad things but if im loosing on the scale i can stick to it becuase im seeing results.

Basically i need a wee bit of motivation plus any tips for satisfying chocolate cravings.

Thank you! x

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I just had a fiber plus antioxidants coconut chocolate caramel bar. That was amazing- and usually gets me thru my sweet cravings! Taste like Samoa cookies!
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    I like special k bars (cho/pretzel) they fix that right up for me at only 90 calories I believe. :)
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I love Emerald 100 Calorie Pack Cocoa Roast Almonds - Dark Chocolate Flavor. I buy them at Target and keep them in my purse for when I need a quick snack on the go.
  • kage75
    kage75 Posts: 6
    Options
    Fiber One chocolate brownies are pretty darn good :) Only 90 calories!
  • mykismitty
    mykismitty Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    For my chocolate cravings I do just a hand full of chocolate cheerios! :love:
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Try baking chocolate powder no sugar with a banana and skim milkshake. or in oatmeal add your sugar or sweetner I like stevia for that chocolate haystack cookie flavor yum. Goodluck
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    I get some good quality dark chocolate... that usually gets me through. Just don't buy the bag of Dove dark chocolate pieces.... i made that mistake once hahaha
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I just had a fiber plus antioxidants coconut chocolate caramel bar. That was amazing- and usually gets me thru my sweet cravings! Taste like Samoa cookies!

YES!!! these are a life saver! It's like an awesome candy bar for only 130 calories and a lot of fiber. mmmmm
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    I like trader joe's sea salt dark chocolate almonds! I eat about 4 and I'm done hehe. Or else fiber bars/luna bars are great. Caramel Nut Brownie Luna bars are AMAZING. I also like to have black coffee w/ 1 splenda to help curb my chocolate cravings.
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Jello refridgerated pudding cups are very chocolately and smooth and cool, and only 60 calories :)

Katie
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I like special k bars (cho/pretzel) they fix that right up for me at only 90 calories I believe. :)

I LOVE those bars too! I also found sugar free chocolate mousse at Walmart (great value)that taste great and only 60 calories per container. Sometimes I add nilla wafers and its like i'm eating french silk pie!
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    I have found that the darker the chocolate the more it satisfies and the less I need. I particularly like the lindt dark chocolate with almond slivers. 2 squares are 100 calories. I take it down break them off and put it away.
  • Julezebub
    Julezebub Posts: 106
    Options
    I find giving up the sweet stuff cold turkey makes the sugar cravings go away! Every now and then when i feel I've started to slip into bad habits with biscuits or chocolate as a pick me up I go compltetely cold turkey and guess what? The cravings go away! I also find this makes me generally a LOT less hungry as my blood sugar isn't going up and down so much anymore. Try it for a week or so and see what I mean. Once I've got the cravings under control I reintroduce the sweet stuff really gradually again and appreciate even tiny amounts so much more than before.
  • Marina2002
    Options
    I personally love chocolate too. And the only way I get away from not eating it too often is not having it in my house and not buying it so often.

Also I would recommend you to weight your self every 2 weeks, that's when you usually will see the real results.
    And if you crave something sweet it's better if you eat fruit like apple, orange. Or also spoon full of coconut milk helps me to satisfy my desire for sweets.

Marina
  • lgwhizz
    lgwhizz Posts: 65
    Options
    thanks guys - alot of the suggestions are foods available in the USA but still appreciated! I might even try the cold turkey one as i get regular headaches and these could well be related to the sweet things i eat and the blood sugar going up and down!
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I've posted this before, but my chocolate cravings went way down when I started taking magnesium supplements.

We mostly get magnesium from leafy vegetables and fish. I love fish but don't eat it that often and I'm not a vegetable person at all.

There is magnesium in chocolate and I think my cravings were my body's way of compensating.
  • NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I make my own grain/gluten free chocolate brownies, cookies and cakes....Paleo Style and guilt free :-)
  • sweetiii2
    sweetiii2 Posts: 3
    Options
    I really love chocolate, so I get a bag of chocolate chips and keep it in the cupboard. Then, when I have a chocolate craving, I measure out one 80 calorie serving of chocolate chips. I never let myself have more than one serving per day, and eating the little chips one at a time makes me feel like I'm eating mmore chocoate than I really am.
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I can make good choices for meals and everything but have such a craving for sweet things! I can let whole days go to pot on chocolate alone! Its like if i dont see results on the scales for a couple of days (i know weighing yourself every day is bad) it has the eeffect on me that i go and eat bad things but if im loosing on the scale i can stick to it becuase im seeing results.

Basically i need a wee bit of motivation plus any tips for satisfying chocolate cravings.

Thank you! x

Well that is easy...yes in moderation of course.. But you can have all the chocolate you want everyday as long as it is 70% or higher on cocoa. They sell it with the numbers listed on the front of the package.. Just do it! =0)
  • bblanke5
    bblanke5 Posts: 10
    Options
    One way I satisfy my chocolate craving is eating a frozen york peppermint patty. They are lowfat and low calorie. I buy the snack size ones. 3 is a serving, but one normally satifies my chocolate urge!