cheat vacation...lost weight?!

Options
So i just got back from vacation in Mexico about a week ago. I was there for a week and totally cheated the whole time. I ate mcdonalds, tacos, nachos, cake and much more i also had lots of high calorie alcoholic drinks, pina colada, strawberry daiquiris, mud slides and more. I could tell I had gained weight just by looking in the mirror. So when I got back home I didn't want to weigh myself for about a week because I didn't even want to know what I gained. I start eating healthily as soon as i got back but I hadn't gone to the gym until yesterday. To my surprise I lost 2lbs! And i finally lost low belly bulge and finally have a flat stomach! soooo weird but I'm not complaining!

Replies

• jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Great job!
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I think I hate you! (JK) Just so jealous! I put on 6lbs on my vacation and am struggling to get back to my pre-vacation weight. I tried to make healthy food choices but I think the alcohol was my downfall :(
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    So i just got back from vacation in Mexico about a week ago. I was there for a week and totally cheated the whole time. I ate mcdonalds, tacos, nachos, cake and much more i also had lots of high calorie alcoholic drinks, pina colada, strawberry daiquiris, mud slides and more. I could tell I had gained weight just by looking in the mirror. So when I got back home I didn't want to weigh myself for about a week because I didn't even want to know what I gained. I start eating healthily as soon as i got back but I hadn't gone to the gym until yesterday. To my surprise I lost 2lbs! And i finally lost low belly bulge and finally have a flat stomach! soooo weird but I'm not complaining!

Did you walk a lot in Mexico? We ate like kings while we were there and I wasn't going to worry about my diet. But we took long walks on the beach in the morning and evening and shopped in town quite a bit one day. I only gained 2 pounds after all that food and alcohol for 9 days during our vacation!

Great job on damage control when you got home!
  • jessicazanebell
    jessicazanebell Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    yeah could've been the walking either way awesome!
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    That happened to me once. I went to Majorca, spent all week eating nothing but pizza and chips from the hotel, and kfc, not to mention the drinking, and I lost a substantial amount!!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    often happens to me. It spikes your metabolism if its only every now and again and is good for you.