Before pics are a evil necessity

Options
I just had to do it and take my pic. .....last year I was 152 at this time, now i'm back up to 162! That stinks! I workout everyday really hard but my diet is BAD, I had to get it together!!! I want to do a 6 or 7 day packing trip out West next summer. I need to be in the best shape ever!

Replies

• Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I took before pics a couple nights ago. It was an eye opener - I swear the pictures don't match what I see in the mirror everyday!

I figure they'll be great motivation for when the weight stops dropping off as fast and I need to see a difference.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I wish I had before pics. I'd love to get to my target weight and see the difference. Even now my colleagues and friends tell me it's really noticeable how much I've lost, but I have nothing to compare it to.

It feels like a cheat taking pics now, but maybe I should?
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I wish I had before pics. I'd love to get to my target weight and see the difference. Even now my colleagues and friends tell me it's really noticeable how much I've lost, but I have nothing to compare it to.

My "before" pics are when I was already down 10 lbs but I figured it was better than nothing.
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I have mine although I remember how pained I was when I first saw them :sad:

I like that I can now look at them and see the changes in my body (even though I am nowhere near my goal). It makes me realise that I'm making slow and steady progress :ohwell:
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options

If you aren't at goal yet (inches, tone or weight) It's not cheating! :flowerforyou: They ARE before pics, just not start pics. :bigsmile:
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    i took some... ugh, they're terrible. hidden somewhere on my computer now. I know i'll be real happy when i see a big diff though..

but mmm, I agree....they're real good to have. Reminds u of biggest loser or something :)
  • MissLucyDee
    MissLucyDee Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm dreading taking my before pics! I suppose it'll be satisfying if I actually do lose weight but it's sooo depressing.
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I took "before" pics last night and I couldn't believe the pictures. I have body dimorphic disorder, but the wrong way...I think I'm smaller then I am! lol I know my clothes are tight and I'm at the heaviest weight I've ever been, but when I look in the mirror I think, "I'm not THAT big". Well according to my pictures....I am. Great motivational tool, let me tell you!
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I really wish I had taken mine a month ago when I started 30 Day Shred...today is my last day and I know I see such a change looking in the mirror! I would love to have something to compare with :/ I will definitely be taking before pictures next week when I start doing ripped in 30 :)
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I took before pics a couple nights ago. It was an eye opener - I swear the pictures don't match what I see in the mirror everyday!

I figure they'll be great motivation for when the weight stops dropping off as fast and I need to see a difference.

I totally agree, i almost feel "shallow" looking at myself in the mirror. It is two totally different people. I have never been a good picture taker though, even at a fit weight, i just look awkward
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I need to do the 30 day shred again....i did that years ago , did the whole program and came back to work with only being gone for 2 weeks and people were like wow!
  • Karen5216
    Karen5216 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I lost 90 pounds, and I took a picture every month along the way. I am glad I did it!