Brown rice at Chipotle

Options
2»

Replies

• Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    @wildon883r I'm sure we're all very happy that you love your white rice. This thread was just me letting people who like brown rice know that Chipotle now has it. Perhaps if you wrote some letters to them or staged some protests or boycotts you can convince them to stop serving brown rice, since you feel so strongly about the big brown rice conspiracy. Maybe you should create a documentary and spread the word, before it's too late and we all die of bran poisoning.

But for now, the Chipotle near my work has brown rice (don't worry - they still also have white rice available). I, for one, am happy about that, because I'll take brown rice over white rice every time.

The whole issue is about promoting brown rice (from a personal or business perspective) as a healthy alternative to white rice which in fact it is not. This is a nutrition message board therefore i am providing information based on fact. With that being said people here and on a so called health kick might consider brown rice a healthy alternative to white when its not. I just don't want people to think that choosing brown rice is going to make any measurable difference at all compared to white rice in there dietary intake is all. People think whole grain cereal or bread is healthy. Fact? There is no whole grain bread or cereal for that matter. I've ate wheat out of a grain hopper. That's whole wheat :D Basamati rice is very pricey and i don't think it tastes good although i can eat it.
    pancake_bunny.jpg

PS: NUT BUTTER FTW!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    White rice, brown rice, wild rice, yellow rice.....I like them all, but I do believe that white rice is not as healthy for you as brown. I hardly see how anyone can truly dispute that. With that being said, I love Calrose rice--it is white. No argument that the taste is fantastic, but so is brown. Brown rice has a chewy nutty texture that is wonderful. Why can't we all just eat our rice and get along?? :laugh:
  • mynameisnutz
    mynameisnutz Posts: 123
    Options
    Oh please. If this is about informing people that brown rice is no better than white, then I have news for you- 1g fiber > 0g fiber, therefore brown rice is better than white. Now stop hijacking a perfectly good thread.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    From what the harley rider is saying there is no difference, so it's all about taste. If you like white rice, eat white rice. If you like brown rice, eat brown rice.

I was told by a nutritionist to avoid eating all things white. White rice, white sugar, white flour and bread, etc. as they have been found to contribute to Alzheimer's.

As for me, the flavor of brown rice is better than white, except when it comes to rolling my sushi. A little sticky rice now and then is no biggie.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    oooh i will have to ask at mine! i love Chipotle!