How long did it take before you loved INSANITY?

Options
I just started and well, I don't hate it but I don't particularly look forward to it. I'm doing it at my own pace meaning I take lots of breaks. I drinks tons more water now and am more conscious of what I eat since I started, which are all good things. I'm wondering if I'll ever look forward to doing this crazy workout. Do any of you?

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    bump.
  • KimberSt
    KimberSt Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to work on Day 2.....can't say I'm looking forward to it since I am in a bit of pain from the first workout. I do hope it gets better as well.
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Took me about a week. That being said, I never got to the point where I could keep up with the videos. It's OK! Go at your own pace. Take breaks. odds are you aren't an athlete. But if you keep this up, graduate to the Asylum, and DIG DEEP you will be!

If you want any help or advice from an Insanity Grad, please send me a message :)
  • Somenameioi
    Somenameioi Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have finished it once and started over a few weeks ago. I have never looked forward to it, but I am always so happy when I've finished it!! It's a great work-out in a short amount of time.
  • ChChCharlie
    Options
    Just done fit test today... Was gonna post looking for friends to compare with. Can't say I hate it (yet!), will let you know when (if!) I love it!

Would love to hear how everyone is getting on!
  • BustyTransformer
    BustyTransformer Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I looked forward to it after my first "fit test."...everyone's different. Hopefully you'll look forward to it once your body gets a bit more accustomed to all that craziness.
  • lisab42
    lisab42 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My husband says he had a hard time the first week. Second week was better. He says "tell everybody to hang in there".
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    gracienkaidens_momma Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm very glad I posted this because I sure could use some support. My bf talked me into doing it and I borrowed the DVDs from a friend. I actually said I was going to quit yesterday because my body has never been so sore. I am not completely out of shape. I can get through a 60 minute spin class just fine without breaks, but this workout is nuts!! I constantly smell like Icy Hot and walk almost limping! lol but the poster that said she feels great afterwards- I feel like that as well! I feel such a sense of accomplishment! Sometimes I'm laying on the floor out of breath looking up at the TV thinking, "There's no way I'm doing that!" haha. But I do push myself. Add me if you want so we can push each other. :-)
  • Kski2011
    Kski2011 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am on day 8... it took me by the end of the first week to love it. I dreaded the first few days of doing it, i just didn't want to and i was incredibly sore. but i started to really like how Shaun T does the workouts and all. Now i really look forward to it, cause i've already lost 1/2 an inch on my hips and waist and im feeling SO much better.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I love to hate it. That started with the first Fit Test. :smile:

Starting an Insanity / New Rules of Lifting Hybrid on Tuesday... 7 months worth.
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    I do love how Shaun T is so motivating and pushes you. He's also great at explaining the way exercises should be done. Not to mention he looks amazing! lol
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I did it for 3 weeks and I never loved it one of the reasons I quit it...but the best to you!
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about trying Insanity once I've finished the 30DS. I've heard it's super tough.
  • NotaNikki
    NotaNikki Posts: 40
    Options
    I thought it got tons better once I got past the first week and sort of got into a routine. It's a love/hate relationship for sure, but hang in there! I'm on month 2 now...feel free to add me if you want some support!
  • adagolden
    adagolden Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I loved it the better I became. After the second fit test I was like, hey I am getting stronger and I got better. For me, it's all about doing as much as I can. I love it and I hate it. I love it because I see changes and it pushes me and I feel stronger. I hate it because it's Insanity.
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    I am starting to see subtle changes already in my core, legs and arms and it's only been a week. That's what is keeping me motivated!