Do you wake up in the night to pee?

Options
justleeanne
justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
I wake up in the middle of the night pretty much every night to pee!!!

Usually I just wake up and stumble into the bathroom and stumble back to sleep without a problem, but other times if it's hot or things are on my mind I can't get back to sleep and lie silently cursing my bladder.

Does anyone else have this problem, I'm hoping with all you water guzzlers out there someone understands!!

I've just been downing a glass of water and thinking I'm going to regret this later!!

Replies

• strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    im the same every night and like you when my brain keeps ticking i cant get back to sleep its just something you have to live with i suppose:yawn:
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I just go while I'm sleeping. Pisses the wife off, but oh well.

Ok, I do get up usually once.
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have notice if I drink water too late this happens. I wouldn't drink at least an hour before bed. The water needs to drain out at some point :)
  • barbosa22
    barbosa22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I hate when that happens. It happens to me alot. It doesn't help that the Dr has me on a water pill. I toss and turn and wake up in the morning so tired. Not a good feeling.
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    IF you can't go back to sleep after using the restroom, you could do a few short (10-20 min) workouts just to burn some of the energy so you can get back to sleep...
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I do too! All of the sudden recently I wake up 2-3 hours before I'm planning to and pee, no idea why lol
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have that problem yet I don't drink that much water. I have been drinking more recently, and usually when I get up in the middle of the night I can't get back to sleep - usually because the street light is blaring in or my boyfriend is snoring his head off. I think in the end your body gets used to it and the need to pee is less often. I don't know though, but I know how you feel! xD
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Just wait until you get a bit older....
  • elyseology
    elyseology Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    YES! That happens to me too, sometimes more then once. Usually I can get back to sleep though.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I always do an hour or two before I have to get up! And I weigh myself after too! :noway: :grumble:
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    lol I don't think I am at the stage yet where I would even consider working out in the middle of the night!! Good idea but I am sooooo lazy that is so not going to happen!! :D
  • GrampsWooha
    GrampsWooha Posts: 184
    Options
    sometimes if i drink alot before bed
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I get up I dont generally wake up.
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    The funny thing with me is, I get up less now that I am drinking my 8+cups of water per day versus when I wasn't drinking that amount. I still go a ton during the day, but for some reason I don't need to get up while I am asleep (most nights anyways!)

Dave
  • pinstripepirate
    pinstripepirate Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I do, at least 2-3 times per night. Luckily, I practically sleep walk to the bathroom and when I get back in bed I fall right back asleep.
  • keljo05
    keljo05 Posts: 173
    Options
    4am ....almost every night on the dot..
  • Macy_R
    Macy_R Posts: 91
    Options
    every night at least once! it's annoying! hahaha
  • litecoffee
    Options
    I do the same thing! I get up at least twice. I sometimes go back to sleep, but sometimes stay awake thinking. It doesn't matter if I drink early or late, it's like my bladder has a timer... so frustrating!

~Angie
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    if i have me some water before bed i will usually wake up around 6am, right before i have to get up which bites so i try to drink my water then pee (even if i don't have to) before i hit the sack.