I need breakfast ideas

Options
I get burned out between eggs and cereal.

Anyone got a great breakfast idea?

Replies

• mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    mint chocolate protein smoothies
    fruit and chobani or fage high protein yogurt
    you can do lunch for breakfast or just do turkey sausage and a high fiber wrap with some melty cheese

protein fills you up and keeps you satisfied longer
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    chocolate peanut butter protein shake--its like cake for breakfast :)

dress your eggs up with tomatoes, onions, jalapenos or mushroom, hot sauce.

when on the run my "fast food" breakfast is an apple, if I'm starving maybe a light cheese stick too. these can be eaten in the car
  • BigZ486
    BigZ486 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I eat a half cup of oatmeal every morning at work...plain oatmeal with a couple spoonfulls of brown sugar and some cinnamon is less than 200 calories.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I either eat half a cup of oatmeal or a bagel x)
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    plain oatmeal is so good with cinnamon (real or fake) sugar and freeze dried blueberries, strawberries, and bananas (trader joe's has them).

also, but this includes eggs, i've been having scrambled egg whites with canadian bacon, broccoli, and reduced fat mozzarella cheese and i am loving that as well.
  • vintagefool
    Options
    you can do lunch for breakfast or just do turkey sausage and a high fiber wrap with some melty cheese

Mmm, do you have a recipe for the mint chocolate protein shakes? That sounds delicious.

I wouldn't mind knowing how to make this either :laugh:
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    protein pancakes with sugar free syrup

oatmeal with cranberries and walnuts

breakfast tacos made with egg whites, turkey bacon, and whole wheat tortillas
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with Protein Powder, Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese with Veggies.
  • grammymelPolly
    Options
    Thomas English muffin with low fat cheese melted on it, liquid egg and candian bacon, sugar free jam on mini Thomas bagel, omlet with salsa, onions, green peppers low fat cheese.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Homemade waffles ( http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=151931 ) or eggo nutrigrain waffles.

French toast with sugar-free syrup and/or homemade blueberry compote ( http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=548055 )

Cottage cheese pancakes ( http://asliceofsouthern.blogspot.com/2011/04/cottage-cheese-pancakes-with-blueberry.html )

Quaker strawberries and cream oatmeal with sliced banana

Toast with peanut butter and sliced banana

Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Burrito

Jimmy Dean D'Light Breakfast Bowls (230 cals, VERY GOOD.)

Smart Ones frozen microwavable breakfasts (I have a french toast and sausage link one in the freezer. I haven't ever tried it before, but the breakfast quesadillas are really good... I figure other smart ones breakfasts will be too. :) )

Bagel with 1/3 less fat or fat free cream cheese

Mini crustless quiches ( http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=290991 )

Cheerios with splenda and sliced banana

I'm a breakfast addict. I could eat breakfast foods for every meal. Sometimes I do!
  • KeyMasterOfGozer
    KeyMasterOfGozer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I put this in another similar thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/278367-trying-but-always-over-carbs

Oh, this is something I have discovered recently, and I love it...
    Carbquik. It's like Bisquik, but it has only 2 net carbs per serving and huge fiber. You can make pankcakes or waffles or biscuits with it.
    http://www.carbquik.com

and here are a lot of recipes that can use this stuff:
    http://www.tovaindustries.com/carbalose/recipe.php
    Beware, though, that a lot of these recipes are not low calorie, only low carb, though, I've found that with most of them I can modify them to reduce most of the fats out as well, and that brings the calories down.

There is only one place online to buy this stuff at, but that site also has lots of other low carb and low calorie stuff to look at as well.
    http://www.netrition.com/tova_carbquik_page.html

and here is the low carb flour by itself:
    http://www.netrition.com/tova_carbalose_page.html
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    A lg. plain bagel and 1/3 of a tbsp of low fat butter is around 250 calories. Not bad.
    1 cup Honey bunches of oats with almonds and 1/2 cup milk is around 240 calories.
    Also you could have dinner for breakfast, mix it up. Sometimes we have breakfast for dinner.
    Krusteez pancake mix, 1 serving of 3 small pancakes. It's about 1/2 cup of the flour and water. I slice low fat turkey bacon. Turkey sausage. 1/2 tbsp lowfat butter. Light on the syrup. Get a little and dip. You don't have to have allot for the flavor. Oh and trust me on this the nutmeg is essential. Awesome in the pancakes! Anyways it is dooable if your willing to hold back on the syrups. Not hold off just hold back. It's all around 450 calories and the suger count is not bad either. Besides when was the last time all the syrup on the plate got used? Usually I see left over syrup on my kids plate. So I figured if I put about 1/2 a tbsp and dip I'll waste less and I won't eat the extra calories I don't need. Be well and hope this helps.:bigsmile:
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I have 2 breakfasts every day. Shredded wheat with unsweetened almond milk and blueberries for carbs and then I have half a greek yogurt cup with tsp peanut butter and half pack of truvia. I sprinkle both with lots of cinnamon. Then for my second breakfast I have protein pancakes which consists of 1/2 cup quick oats and 6 eggs whites with cinnamon. I mix these and make pancakes. Very filling. I use agave nectar on my pancakes.
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options

Mmm, do you have a recipe for the mint chocolate protein shakes? That sounds delicious.

Mint chocolate protein shake

EAS chocolate protein powder
    fresh or dried mint
    1 cup almond milk silk original
    1 cup ice
    i put baby spinach to add some veg to it (untastable) trust me
    blend away
    If you want it thicker add 3 opened caps of glucomannan fiber but not necessary

You can add any spice to a smoothie....pumpkin pie spices, apple pie spices, cinnamon, mint, nutmeg
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    :

chocolate peanut butter protein shake--its like cake for breakfast

Me neither! :happy:
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I leave a large container of yogurt in the fridge at work and bring frozen berries to mix in. I also mix in a serving of bran - very filling and very yummy!

If the berries are still slightly frozen it also makes a nice treat on a hot day.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Here's a clean/healthy Bisquick recipe

3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
    3 tsp. baking powder

Using this mix for Pancakes or Waffles
    1-1/2 cups mix
    2 cups liquid (typically milk, dairy or non-dairy)
    2 egg whites
    1 whole egg
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 tsp. cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)

Blend and ladle onto pan or waffle maker.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want! Just remember it all counts at the end of the day so make smart choices. I love eggs and it's what i eat on weekends, high fiber cold cereal during the week and occasionally oatmeal. Oatmeal doesn't do much for me lol. Bacon has way less calories the sausage although i eat both in small quantities. I eat waffles occasionally as i make a batch and freeze them for when i need a sweet breakfast. White rice and eggs with tomato's and basil in olive oil all mixed. Remember moderation is key not deprivation. Enjoy
  • nrcestaro
    nrcestaro Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Honey Nut Cheerios! Everyone ate Cheerios when we were kids; you'll love to have them again! Also, Thomas' Bagel Thins with a healthy spread or an english muffin with a little peanut butter. The important thing is to always eat breakfast- Good Luck!
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    I love Kashi cereal....it's very filling and tasty. My favorite is Go Lean Crunch...I have it on most mornings and I'm not hungry until lunch time! I also like veggie egg beaters w/ an english muffin...also very filling!