Got dumped and broke my diet

Options
2»

Replies

• jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    First off ... I have nothing but love for you!! :flowerforyou:

So she dumped you. BUT don't revert back to the "woe is me" way of thinking and feeling. Think of it this way....

You're Topic should have read- " I lost a buttload of weight but my pants fit me the same!!!
    - you lost a good amount of dead weight. ( her weight! That can be a NSV!!!! :wink: ) <---- my fav!!! LOL

- believe that in order for things to happen in life, things need to change. Although it may hurt now, days, weeks even months from now, you will see it was for the better.

- you seem like a good man, . Do I know you? No. but I can see that you want positive changes in your life, that's why your here. Positivity brings positivity!!!

- MFP peeps are here for you so your not alone. We have all been there and have some type of crutch we still struggle with but know that we are here for you!

Keep your head up and know that this too shall pass. Good things are coming!! :drinker:
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Jeeze son, that's why they have alcohol! <G>

That way when you wake up in the morning instead feeling full and happy you feel so miserable about the stupor you forget the pain of the breakup. See how that works.
  • salmoninthebeak
    Options
    I love this!!! And the MIL comment too!!!
  • MichelleB69
    MichelleB69 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Jeeze son, that's why they have alcohol! <G>

That way when you wake up in the morning instead feeling full and happy you feel so miserable about the stupor you forget the pain of the breakup. See how that works.

OMG; this made me snort Diet Coke outta my nose!

I'm sorry your gf dumped you and you had a little pity party...it's OK to do that. Just don't turn it into a permanent way of life...and it sounds like you're back in control if you're posting for accountability :)

Living well is the best revenge my friend; stay the course and good things are bound to happen in your life.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Sorry this hurts right now. I have an unhappiness food thing, too. Just keep recording on this site and remember that tomorrow is another day. Chances are, one big day going off your diet won't keep you down long. I really pigged out early in June and within a few days the scale was back to normal - without me doing anything but eating my regular diet. Hopefully, this one day of excess can be put behind you.

Be kind to yourself, always.
  • mfpchris
    mfpchris Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Stood up on a date last weekend. Downed about 1500K of starbucks chocolate junk. I felt more horrible about binging than the prospective date. I got back on it. You can too.
  • minnie86
    minnie86 Posts: 187
    Options
    I do the same thing, so I'm not sure what to say...
  • tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    The good thing is you only binged for 24 hours. That is easier to lose than 24 days! Keep your head up. We all have weak moments.