adkins help

Options
I started the Adkins induction phase today... gonna need some guidance in a houseful of junk food eaters... i need all the help i can get. for the next two week my food budget is really tight and i need to know a cheap way of doing this. Thanks!

Replies

• margypan
    margypan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Eggs keep me really full, they're really cheap, and you can make them in a ton of different ways. I've never done adkins specifically, but I'm on a fairly low carb diet. So I'm pretty sure eggs should be allowed :)
  • ahunkofmexican
    Options
    Hello, i am doing Atkins too i just restarted 4 days ago and i am losing weight already. The first few days you may feel a little off, but if you stick to it, it will work and you will have more energy and feel full for most of the day.

Five things that are very important,

First, drink alot of water at least 8 x 8oz per day and do not include soda as water, water is water !

Second take psyllium as a fiber substitute. This is very important till you get to phase two where you get to add more vege's as fiber. If you do not and eat more than 4oz of cheese you will start getting plugged if you know what i mean : )

Third buy a multi vitamin and take it every mourning as routin, you'll need the vitamins to balance your self out for eating moderate protein and higher fats and no more than 20 net carbs a day.

The ratios are as follows: 65% fat, 30%protein, 5%net carbs- If you can buy a digital scale to weigh your proteins, you need to relearn what 4oz looks like again especially what 1 oz of cheese looks like. This really does help to keep the 65%-30%-5% ratios correct. Most people do not balance their meals correctly cause they think they eyed it alright. You'd be surprized how you can over eat so easily. The scales are cheep to buy at a store or ebay.

DO NOT CHEAT, it can take up to three days for your body to go back to burning fat if you go over the 20 net carbs. Its not hard to stop the fat burning process and stall. Most people fail to lose right away cause of the following that i just told you. If you follow these simple rules you will lose weight as fat on you body. If you like add me as a friend and view my food diary for examples of how to eat and how to eat cheep. I buy alot of chicken breast when its on sale and freeze it for later. As far as herbs i buy at the 99 cent stores, and mayo and avocado i get from sales or a neighbors back yard, Clip coupons for mayo and olive oils.

As far as being in a house of carbs, you will have to want to lose weight to be able to over look them like i do. every time i see crackers or bread or chips i remember it only takes a few to blow your net carbs and stop the induction phase of Atkins.

Go to the library and check out the new Atkins diet book and read it. As well as go to Atkins.com and create a membership and read and get involved with the community for help and ideas on food and what to eat while your on induction and when you move to phase two.

I will be on Atkins induction for the next 5-6 weeks so i can lose 30-40 pounds for a total of 65 pounds from 5-5-2011 to 8-14-2011, Not bad for three months.

lastly is exercise, start walking and get a headset radio to get lost in the music so you forget about time and walk longer than you thought you could.

Goodluck , Chunkofmexican.
  • momof6monkees
    Options
    I know it's gonna be really hard with all the kids and working fast food... and hubby is a junk food/soda fanatic. Fortunately, I cut out sodas and drink flavored water (as in I use the sugar free packets in my water) and I freeze it a lot too.

Would you mind if I add you guys?