Its been fun but its time to say goodbye

Options
Well my MFP friends its been fun but I have to leave u all for a while. MFP has become too addictive and I worry about every tiny little thing that I put in my mouth. I think its become an obssession. I've tracked calories and mostly stayed under or right at my goal (sometimes I go over) but I've actually GAINED weight being on here. Idk if its the stress of trying to lose weight or if my calories aren't right for my body. Whatever it is its disappointing me. The weight I lost has mainly been water weight. I know this because of how it fluctuates. So from now on I'm not counting calories anymore. I'm going to eat what I want and continue to exercise and hopefully my body will respond accordly. Maybe if I lose ill be back n a couple of moths to update you guys!

Replies

• jinxywinx
    jinxywinx Posts: 38
    Options
    Good luck with your journey!! Gotta do what's best for YOU!!
  • janiepumphrey
    Options
    Good luck!!

I also find that calorie tracking brings out my perfectionist/OCD tendencies if I'm not careful. But I found a good workaround that works for me - I eat what I crave during the day, trying to listen to my body's signals about what to eat and when to stop eating. Then I enter it into the calorie tracker at the end of the day AFTER I've already eaten what I want to eat and I'm done for the day. This way, if I go over my calorie goal I'm more likely to think something like "hmm, yeah that makes sense, I felt more full than usual after that dinner" and maybe cook a smaller version of it next time - instead of thinking "I failed." I like it when calorie tracking gently influences my food choices instead of overruling them.
  • PinUpMommy
    PinUpMommy Posts: 94
    Options
    *hugs* It can become hard. You really do have to figure out what works BEST for YOU. Not what works best for someone else. Good luck!!
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Do what is best for you! However, I don't think you have given MFP enough time to work for you. It seems like you signed on in April of this year. This means you have just been with the program 60 days or so. I think that you should go back to your settings and see if you have everything entered correctly -- your activity level and so forth. Try lowering your calories goals. Try weighing your food. This program is a very adult program. There is no set diet. You have to design your own. The results are up to you. I would recommend giving MFP at least 4 or 5 months. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it will work for you -- not against you! Please don't give up so soon. It should start working for you.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • janiepumphrey
    Options
    PS. I also found MFP's calorie recommendation to be way too low for me. Everyone's metabolism is different, right? Your body might need more calories to prevent starvation mode. I'm actually averaging 500 calories per day more than what MFP recommended to maintain my weight - but I'm not gaining inches at all, in fact I'm gradually losing inches around the hips and waist. If you ever want to give calorie tracking another shot, maybe try a higher calorie limit and see how that feels.
  • mekel77
    mekel77 Posts: 9
    Options
    Sometimes you have to step away, regroup, & find what's right for you. Whatever you do, don't give up. Looking forward to seeing you come back with your success story!!! :smile:
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that. I don't think you have applied yourself to MFP sufficiently to judge how effect it could be for you.