My NSV - I did not emotional eat today

Options
karamille
karamille Posts: 79 Member
I gained over 60lbs in two years when my youngest son was diagnosed with NF1 (a genetic condition) and then my husband was diagnosed, and that is basically why I am here at MFP, trying to get to a healthy weight again. This morning I learned that my older son (will be 5 in two weeks) also has this same genetic condition, which was a huge surprise since he had informally been given the all clear 2 years earlier. So this news just totally sucks balls. :{ But... my NSV is I DID NOT emotional eat. I did not resort to any of my old favorite drive-thrus and I did not stop off for a pastry. I did end up having a larger/higher calorie frappe than usual, but considering how I usually deal with emotional stressors, I think a large frappe for a 16 hour day on the go is a pretty healthy coping mechanism, if I do say so myself. =P

Replies

• RoseVernon
    RoseVernon Posts: 88
    Options
    Good job girl! You should be proud. I wish you and your family health and wellness!
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    I am sorry that you received this bad news.

Congratulations on being able to handle things without resorting to emotional eating. That can be so difficult.

Best wishes to you and your family. I will keep you in my thoughts.
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    That's awful news; I'm so sorry. However, congratulations for recognizing the urge to use food to help you with emotions instead of nourishing your body and EVEN MORE CONGRATS for keeping it under control. That takes immense strength...you have it and it will help you through the rest of the journey!!

Best of luck, blessings, health, and happiness to you and your family!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!