Couch To 5K - Started June 6th, Join Still Please!

Options

Replies

• frznprincess
    Options
    How was it for everyone starting week 3?
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    I need and want to get back in to this, because I was doing so well!! but my house currently has a Gorilla Man infestation, and if you thought working out in front of friends/spouses was hard... working out in front of this guy is nauseating. :]
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, rest day
    Tuesday, W4,D1 of C25K
    Wednesday, 35 min elliptical, 15 min dog walking
    Thursday, 12 hour work shift...pooped

Tomorrow: W4, D2 of C25K

I bought a gentle leader for the Border Collie. I'll show him who's boss :angry: Although, I do have to admit he propels me forward whether my legs want to go or not. :grumble:
  • drh1111
    drh1111 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have been doing C25K for three weeks. Had to repeat week one because I was too out of breath. Will finish week two tomorrow.

I have never joined any groups before. How do you join? Probably a dumb question.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, rest day
    Tuesday, W4,D1 of C25K
    Wednesday, 35 min elliptical, 15 min dog walking
    Thursday, 12 hour work shift...pooped
    Friday, 76 minutes, dog walking including W4, D2 of C25K

Border Collie did not appreciate gentle leader...ended up with the prong collar...crazy dog

drhendricks, you just joined....easy, wasn't it?? Good luck!!
  • drh1111
    Options
    Is everyone doing C25K three days a week or are you doing it more? I have been running three days a week and just began walking two days. I would like to have the weekends off because I don't want to have to get up early, which is necessary because of other committments.

Glad I joined a group, team, focus group, etc. This will help me to keep going, when I know others may have the same struggles that I am experiencing.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    drhendricks...I do the C25K days a week as designated by the plan...I do other exercise on other days when time permits.
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    W7D2....made it thru it....barely.
  • drh1111
    Options
    Finished W2D3 this morning. Had a harder time than the beginning of the week. Found I needed to do some preparatory things before running: 1) Drink some water 2) GO TO THE BATHROOM. Also, I started at 8:00 a.m., and the heat had already started. Usually, I start at 5:30 a.m before the sun is up. I know you guys that are further along could go through W2 with no trouble, but I am happy that I made it.
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    W7D3.....will be repeating this week again. (3) 25 min runs this week=killer!!! I'm def not quite ready for W8!!!
  • ddjowers
    ddjowers Posts: 1
    Options
    Today I started training for a 5k on Oct 2 to raise money for PETA-how do I join in on yours?
  • drh1111
    Options
    Just finished W3D1. The 90 second runs weren't really a problem, neither was the first 3 min run, but the second 3 min run about did me in. I made it though. Only ran a little over a quarter of a mile for the 3 min runs, but something is better than nothing. My old knees were taking a beating today.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday...W4D3 completed

Thoughts for today:

1) If a killer was chasing me, I shouldn't even bother running...either way, he's gonna get me
    2) Border Collie is still crazy
    3) I'm scared of Week 5, it really starts to escalate into the bigger numbers

ddjowers...you just did...welcome
  • nisijam5
    Options
    W7D3.....will be repeating this week again. (3) 25 min runs this week=killer!!! I'm def not quite ready for W8!!!

Well, I am impressed that you are on W7...I'm just starting W5, I'll end the week with a 20 minute run...it just doesn't seem possible
  • nisijam5
    Options
    :laugh:

Well, I am impressed that you are on W7...I'm just starting W5, I'll end the week with a 20 minute run ...it just doesn't seem possible :noway:

PS...where did everyone go on this thread???
  • Fawnie
    Fawnie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    hey guys! wow, i havent posted in awhile. w2d3 completed
    (yes i know- im super behind)
  • drh1111
    Options
    :laugh:

Well, I am impressed that you are on W7...I'm just starting W5, I'll end the week with a 20 minute run ...it just doesn't seem possible :noway:

PS...where did everyone go on this thread???

I was wondering the same thing. It is a big help to see what other folks are having to say about their triumphs and struggles. I will say though that you are encouraging and helpful.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I'm a couple days behind in the schedule. So, I might just do W5D1 today. It's intervals of J5, W3, J5, W3, J5 and then your done, easy right? I should have been here yesterday; but, life does throw some curve balls at ya. I'll keep you posted!!

Fawnie, time to move on to W3...get it DONE!!! :flowerforyou:

drhendricks...I do try to bring something to the table!! :bigsmile:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I think that no one followed the thread when it rolled over. That's why everyone has fallen off. They probably didn't see the link.

Monday, W4D3
    Tuesday, W5D1

Thoughts for the day:

1) Five minutes is a long time when your are going uphills outside
    2) Going to stretch out Week 5 for 2 weeks and build up slowly (W5D1 x 2, W5D2 x 2, W5D3 x 3)
    3) The Border Collie propels me forward and the old Shep/Husky would prefer to mark the territory

Tomorrow is my weigh-in day. I think the weigh will be up for various reasons. :grumble:
  • jezzi4ever
    jezzi4ever Posts: 100
    Options
    I agree, I think there will be some repeat workouts this week. I did w5d2 today and it was miserable. I finished feeling really down and defeated. Going to try again tomorrow and hopefully feel more confident about it!!

Anyone else have a hard time with week 5?