Help, please...

Options
Is there anything more frustrating than hearing you are working out too much and eating too little of calories (basically trying too hard)?! I l always eat back my exercise calories and I am mixing up my workouts (lifting weights 3 days a week and cardio 4 days a week). I have a heart rate monitor which tells me exactly how much I am burning so I know exactly how much to eat back… it’s not just a guesstimate. BUT THEN, why, oh why, after all my hard work, am I GAINING weight?! It doesn’t make ANY sense and it's so frustrating. The last few days I have had a total loss of motivation , but I’m not ready to give up.... :’( What am I supposed to do?

Replies

• francinecowart
    Options
    Hey angela,
    sounds like you are building muscle, which is a good thing....do your clothes fit better or are they to big? i'm low on motivation too, but i as you aren't ready to give up....you just hang in there and keep doing the hard work!! will pay off in the end:)
    Fran
  • yammayyam
    yammayyam Posts: 2
    Options
    My personal view is that you are gaining muscles =) i don't think there are things like "trying too hard" since you seem to be doing "things that are right" just give it a few more days/ weeks and your weight will most likely be dropping and you will be shedding off unwanted fats. I just started not too long ago to something like what you are doing and still haven't gotten to weighing myself, hope it's fine =P but don't get too dejected over the weights. Don't give up, I'm sure you will achieve your goals soon! (hope i can too >< let's motivate one another! p.s. sorry for my long winded-ness)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Do you have the right activity level selected? What kind of foods are you eating? Maybe aim for more fiber or less fat? We'd like the think calorie deficit = weight loss but sometimes it's just not that simple. Sometimes little changes can help. Maybe try eating 200 calories more for a week. If that doesn't work try 200 calories less. Keep at it. The closer you get to your goal, the harder it will be to see changes.