am I eatting enough ?

Options
I am feeling totally run down , I may be getting ill again as everyone around me has the flu. Just worried it might be what I am eatting or how much I am eatting would be awesome if you could look through my food diary and let me know what you think ... thanks

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Are you eating to enough?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Also this might be helpful http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/00trayn/view/how-to-bust-a-3-month-plateau-87677

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/153704-myth-or-fact-simple-math-3500-calories-one-pound-eat

Good luck on your journey
  • heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I had a wee peep at your food diary. I can only suggest that you replace some of the drinks you're having with vegetables and more protein foods....:-}
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    better question is, are you exercising enough? to keep your immune system healthy...
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't too bad - good variety, plenty of protein, bit heavy on fruits, but they are healthy and will give you the vitamin C you need to stave off colds. Do you like tomato juice at all?

If I feel I'm coming down with something I up my zinc, either with a supplement or through eating more shellfish.
  • maxinethestrange
    Options
    ran out of fruit jucie anyway :L do not want to sound silly but what are good protein foods ?
    I am doing cross trainier 30mins-45 mins a day work as a waitress so lots of walking and stair climbing , work with children as well so normally playing a lot of games with them and walk to my jobs , do not know if this is enough but its a start
  • maxinethestrange
    Options
    I really like my fruit , it keeps my from wanting sweets am thinking of sticking with herbal teas again isnt of so much fruit and coffee , and tomato jucie *ergh* not a big fan at all .
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I had a look. You seemed to have gone over on monday, had a panic and been very under on tuesday. Try not to worry too much if you go over the goal one day. Eat back those exercise calories. Also I would try and get into the habit of three square meals, try not to skip breakfast.

If you look at my food diary you'll see I dropped 3lbs last week after 3 days of eating a lot more food than usual. It's not always possible, but eat them back, you want to try and be as close to the goal calories as possible. Last night I had a 1,000 calorie dinner, but was pretty close to my goal calories, today I was half a pound lighter xx
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Lol, I know tomato juice isn't everyone's...er...cup of tea! I'll just have this Bloody Mary to myself then :drinker:

Good proteins would be fish and chicken.
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Options
    Coming back to this again, maybe start on a vitamin supplement if you are feeling run down. Make sure and listen to your body, if it feels like more than a cold or you've felt like this a bit recently perhaps visit the doctor and get a bit of a check up. xx
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Options
    better question is, are you exercising enough? to keep your immune system healthy...

I would agree with this too, but leave the exercise until you're over the flu xx
  • maxinethestrange
    Options
    I had a look. You seemed to have gone over on monday, had a panic and been very under on tuesday. Try not to worry too much if you go over the goal one day. Eat back those exercise calories. Also I would try and get into the habit of three square meals, try not to skip breakfast.

If you look at my food diary you'll see I dropped 3lbs last week after 3 days of eating a lot more food than usual. It's not always possible, but eat them back, you want to try and be as close to the goal calories as possible. Last night I had a 1,000 calorie dinner, but was pretty close to my goal calories, today I was half a pound lighter xx

I have just changed my cal goal so monday was just right and tuesday I slept most of the day so eatting would of been silly :L
    but will defo try and get my three meals in a day .

and melaniecheeks I make an awesome bloody mary supposedly but if you have any cosmos kicking around Id be up for that :D