pot luck at work- help!

Options
Why does your work want to make you fat. We have another pot luck at work today. The primary food is subway but everyone brought in treats and sides. I will do okay with the subway, but the temptations of the treats is overwhelming.
I may allow myself one half of a dessert. I am just afraid I will go over board.

Any suggestions?

I will also check in after lunch to keep myself accountable.

Thanks

Replies

• mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    Why does your work want to make you fat. We have another pot luck at work today. The primary food is subway but everyone brought in treats and sides. I will do okay with the subway, but the temptations of the treats is overwhelming.
    I may allow myself one half of a dessert. I am just afraid I will go over board.

Any suggestions?

I will also check in after lunch to keep myself accountable.

Thanks
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Drink a bottle of water before lunch and try to fill your plate with things that you know won't be too bad for you.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    "Nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels." Will you feel better later if you resist (or just eat a little bit) or if you eat all the sweets? If you just eat a little of the sweets, you'll feel proud and strong for resisting. If you eat the sweets, they'll taste good for 2 minutes and then you'll feel guilty.
  • mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    So I had my sandwich with no cheese and light mayo, it was only about 4 inches. I had a couple of spoonfuls of pasta salad, 1 deviled egg, and some dessert. More dessert that I would have liked, but I feel I did okay. Now I just have to stay out of there for the rest of the day.
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK GIRLY!
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Don't stray from the sub!

All those "extra" sides and treats just add up to more exercise; so, if you find yourself tempted beyond retreat then have a nibble and workout an extra 5-10 minutes. Be good, but don't deny yourself if you "have to have it". Or, save something for a snack later....that way you can still try different things and not hurt anyone's feelings and you win too by stretching out your calories throughout the day!

Good luck :flowerforyou: