Plateau?

Options
Good morning fellow MYP buddies :)

It seems my body has shut down on the weight loss front...Since January, 2011 I have lost 21 pounds but since June 6th...NADA.

VERY VERY FRUSTRATING.

I work out almost daily (burn 600 calories) and keep my caloric intake in check....

WHAT IS GOING ON?!

E

Replies

• zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i done the same thing, lost weight every week for 6 months, and then nothing...

what i done to kick start it, was zig zagged my calories....

day 1 - 2000 calories (roughly)
    day 2 - 1200 calories
    day 3 - 1200 calories
    day 4 - 2000 calories

then back to my normal 1400-1500 calories whilst exercising

all days i still exercised as usual and i started losing again

good luck, i hope you can just keep on soldiering on until your body decides to comply...
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    i have been having a similar problem... i found out i was WAY under eating, like over 1000 calories! i also exercise daily and thought i was eating enough, we'll see what happens in a a week or so... i've started to eat back my exercise calories (not all, but i wasn't eating back any).

good luck!
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yes it's VERY frustrating!! I even put on weight despite eating clean for 10 weeksI have started zigzagging this week to see if it makes a difference, there is a website "freediet" that works out the calories for you and how you should mix them up, you enter your details in and it calculates it, mine is 1500 -1200- 1800-1500 etc, I figured I've got nothing to lose, except the weight hopefully!!!
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    this also happened to me and someone suggested that I change up my exercise program to shock my body. I started taking various classes and that was the trick. It's still working out your muscles but in a different way then they are used to. Good luck:)
  • Twins2007
    Twins2007 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE :)

I looked at my last month or so and I noticed that ever since I changed my caloric intake to 1200 (2 pounds per week), the scale has stalled....I re-modified my calories to 1 pound per week...THIS IS A JOURNEY NOT A MARATHON ;)

Thanks again!

Have a great week :)

E xox
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I plateaued for a while too. MFP has me set at 1200 cals a day for 1lb/week weight loss. I broke my plateau by spending a week at maintenance calories, and then dropping back to 1200. I lost 2 lb in a week after seeing nothing for about a month. I know this might not work for everyone, but it seemed to work wonderfully for me!

I think the zigzagging sounds awesome, but since I'm already at 1200cals, I don't think I can do it without dropping super low on some days. One I get closer to my goal and change my weight loss to .5lb/week, I am definitely going to try it!!
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Plateaus are definitely a sign for change. Sometimes all you need to do is change your work out routine. Bump up the cardio, lift a little bit heavier weight, tweak your diet. Drink plenty of water. Any kind of change should work. Most important, check your body fat percentage. You might not have lost weight, but possibly inches around the waist.
  • RangerSteve
    RangerSteve Posts: 437
    Options
    1) Lift more weights

2) Do more cardio

3) Stop using the scale and get your bodyfat checked instead, maybe you are losing fat but not scale weight

4) Drink more water in case you're dehydrated in the summer heat

5) Spend a couple days eating a higher calorie diet so your hormones that are responsible for hunger and weight loss can shift around to allow for better results

Any of these above options should work.