Saggy Skin :-(

Options
So in the last 7 years I have taken off considerably over 100lbs and am now struggling to keep it off. I am actually going back and forth with this last 25lbs for the last year now! But the reason for my post is......when I was heavier I wore shorts, tank tops, swim suit, mini skirts, all with confidence. Now it has been years since I will leave the house without long sleeves and at least capris.

Yes, I have serious body image issues and I've talked to a therapist about them. I even had a tummy tuck which I was VERY disappointed in and will be paying off for a very more years still. I'm just flappy every where! Has anyone that lost a lot of weight felt they looked better fuller than saggy? Don't get me wrong......I am healthier and have much more energy but I definitely have a lot of mental work to do still. And unfortunately this lack of confidence has show in so many areas of my life :-(

Anyways, I guess this all came about because my family and I are packing up for a day at the water park. I am having trouble finding anything with enough coverage to feel comfortable.

Replies

• mhig011975
    mhig011975 Posts: 181
    Options
    The only thing, that I can see is having plastic surgery. Once the skin has been stretched, 99.5% of the time it won't bounce back to it's orginal form.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I feel the pain. I've lost 100 lbs over the last 4 years & need to lose at least another 2 stone on top of that. My stomach skin makes me look alot fatter than I really am & my boobs sag too. The inside of my thighs & bingo wings are baggy as well. I am now doing alot of exercise in the hope it will at least tone some of it up but the only solution is surgery. I plan on a tummy tuck & boob reduction/lift once I reach my final goal. I find wearing slightly longer shorts & small lightweight cardigans over vests is a good way of still looking summery but without flashing the sag.

Sadly it's a side effect of being overweight & I did actually have a much harder body when I was overweight as it was all plumped out but I will happily take the saggy baggy skin for being fitter, healthier & lighter.
  • AmandaArnwine
    Options
    Are you doing strength training in your program ??
  • mhig011975
    mhig011975 Posts: 181
    Options
    strenght training helps alot too. You need to mix up cardio and strenght. Alternate days. Cardio/ strength