nutella or natural peanut butter

Options
cas122777
cas122777 Posts: 33 Member
I still crave the popular PB & J sandwich. I have searched the database for the 'best' peanut butter. I am not happy with the amount of fat, but i realize there really is no way around it. I also looked up Nutella. It seems that i would be saving on the fat content, but doubling my calories. Which is the lesser of two evils?

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Since peanut butter has a good amount of protein, it is the better choice for weight loss.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    absolutely chose peanut butter, nutritionally makes more sense =)
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Oeanut butter has healthy fats and will keep you fuller longer. Nutella tastes like heaven but has lots of sugar.
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I make peanutbutter-nutella sandwiches, where I do alternating stripes of each. It curbs the calorie/ fat content, and tastes delicious as a healthy-ish snack. I usually do half sandwiches as well, so it adds up to being about 150 calories. That's about the same as a small, small cake, yet more nutritious.
  • Tereztaylor07
    Options
    Nutella's first ingredient is sugar, so I don't eat it often, just as a treat.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I find people all too worried about fat. The reason fat has such a bad reputation is that is has so many more calories per gram than carbs or protein. While there are bad fats such as trans fats, the ones in all natural Peanut Butter are fine for you while Nutella is packed with sugar. I believe that is the first ingredient. Go with the natural peanut butter.
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Stay away from Nutella, because is gonna give extra unwanted pounds. The best choice Natural Peanut Butter........

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 707
    Options
    Natural Peanut butter for sure. Nutella has tons of sugar and low in protein, plus I find that I don't just stop at one serving....natural peanut butter is a much better choice for eating clean....good luck!!
  • littleleisha
    littleleisha Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    peanut butter may be high in calories, but the fat that is has in it is "good" fat. so I wouldnt worry about that too much. I LOVE pb&j and have them all the time. I would recommend using Joseph's Whole Wheat Oat Bran pita bread for your bread though. It's 60 cals for one pita. I put pb on one half and then jelly on the other half...sometimes I also sprinkle wheat germ on the pb side and then fold in half! its amazing! I love it!
  • lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I love PB2 (45 calories in 2 tablespoons) and as a treat will sometimes put sugar free chocolate syrup on it to make a "peanut butter cup" sandwich..:happy:
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    try pb2..its GREAT! 85% les fat and calories than regular pb, i use the regular and chocolate versions...i buy it by the case and use it in yogurt, smoothies, chicken recipes, you name it!! its from a compnay called bell plantation, but i buy it at netrition.com!
    As for your original question...i do use natural peanut butter when i want the real stuff! the kind that is nothing but peanuts and salt...be sure to read labels:)
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Most areas have a store where one can grind some peanuts and make thier own peanut butter on the spot. Its awesome!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Not sure if you have it in your area (I found it at my local WalMart)
    Peanut Butter & Co. makes Dk. Chocolate Dreams- It's 170 calories for 2 Tbsp ( and I hardly ever use 2, I is plenty for me) 12 carbs, 2 fiber, 7 sugar and 6 protein.
    I personally like the taste better than Nutella- which has triple the sugar AND carbs.

The best peanut butter for your is natural- with no sugar or salt but - if you must- you can always sweeten it a touch of Stevia ( a natural, no calorie, no chemical sweetener)
  • XtinaRocks
    XtinaRocks Posts: 24
    Options
    TRY PB2. Its AMAZING. Its peanut butter but only less calories and fat. Google it! I usually buy them in bulk :)
  • cas122777
    cas122777 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!!!! Great ideas and advice!
    2112540 Posts: 71
    Options
    pb2! Better than both:)