Crystal Light!

Options
I love it!!! I started drinking this and getting the to-go packs instead of drinking soda. I figure its more healthier for you and the majority of the flavors are 5 calories. I wanna try their new mocktails but none of the stores by me sell it. I love crystal lights lemonade, peach mango green tea for metabolism, raspberry tea, strawberry banana for hunger satisfaction, grape for energy and citrus for focusing. :)

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Quick FYI, most packets are 10 cals (strawberry banana is the only one I noticed so far that’s 5 cals), they are 5 cals a glass but 1 packet is sized for 1 water bottle, 500 ml.

Enjoy!
  • ZumbaQueenKelly
    Options
    I can't get my hands on the mocktails either!! :( I want to try them so bad, I love Crystal Light. I've never seen strawberry banana flavor, I'm gonna have to look for it now!
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I love it too! The lemonade is my favorite! When I want a reward I make my crystal light, add ice, and frozen strawberries...blend....yum!:heart:
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I tried the mojito crystal light....delicious!!!!!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I've never seen strawberry banana flavor, I'm gonna have to look for it now!

SERIOUSLY? Ok, we REALLY need to start a CL trading group! My fav flavour of all time is Fruit Punch but they do NOT sell that flavour in Canada, I stock up when I go on vacation. When discussing this before I found out the US doesn't have the organge tangerine flavour that tastes identical to McDonalds orange pop/drink (it's not fizzy so I don't know why they can claim it to be a pop/soda).
  • trdy77
    trdy77 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I love the walmart brand cherry limeade, my husband hates crystal light but he loves that one. I also use the wylers light green tea in single serve packets. they come in packs of 20 instead of 10 like crystal light for about the same price.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Yea, I know they aren't all 5 calories but the majority are. Strawberry Banana is new, its a hunger satisfaction so if you can't eat during a period of time it kinda helps u out in that sense. Its 30 calories (so its says) but thats because it has milk and soy in it for protein. I love all the flavors, I follow them on twitter. :)
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Hi,
    Boy, i wish I could drink Crystal Light..I use to, but I was getting bad headaches
    and low and behold, found that it was tghe Crystal light doing it, ik mean these were so
    bad, they verged on being migraines.

Just thought thaty I would mention that to you in case that happens to you too,
    heopefully it won't, I may have been sensitive to what ever they sweeten it with
    or something IDK!

Good luck to you though on reaching all of your goals! :smile:
  • shellbell1993
    shellbell1993 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I love the Raspberry Ice and in the States I stock up on Wild Strawberry...yum
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I love it too! The lemonade is my favorite! When I want a reward I make my crystal light, add ice, and frozen strawberries...blend....yum!:heart:

What a great idea! I am going to try that for sure.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    Hi,
    Boy, i wish I could drink Crystal Light..I use to, but I was getting bad headaches
    and low and behold, found that it was tghe Crystal light doing it, ik mean these were so
    bad, they verged on being migraines.

Just thought thaty I would mention that to you in case that happens to you too,
    heopefully it won't, I may have been sensitive to what ever they sweeten it with
    or something IDK!

Good luck to you though on reaching all of your goals! :smile:

I'm pretty sure they sweeten it to make it taste amazing. ;)
  • swimmamum
    swimmamum Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

My sister loves CL, too. I have to voice my opinion on this. It contains a dangerous chemical. If you really need flavour in your water, you are better to mix up a big jug of water with slices of oranges, maybe a few strawberries thrown in. There is only 16 calories in a teaspoon of raw cane sugar, so you can add a few of those and you've got healthier flavoured water.

Sorry to be such a poopy pants, but I want us all to be healthy, not just skinny!!!

Check out this link to read about the dangers of CL and other artificially sweetened stuff.

http://www.naturodoc.com/library/nutrition/aspartame.htm

AND:

Mary Stoddard says, "It's well documented that excitotoxins like aspartame have the reverse affect on weight. People drinking diet drinks and eating diet food will get more hungry. The FDA no longer allows manufacturers of diet supplement drinks and foods containing aspartame to label them as weight reduction products, but requires that they be labeled as diet drink or diet food. A study of 80,000 women who use sweeteners were evaluated through the Centers for Disease Control. It was found that they gained rather than lost weight using artificial sweeteners."
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I buy the great value Grape flavor and it taste just like grape kool aid. Sometimes for a sweet tooth I make slushy's out of them in the blender....
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    I buy the great value Grape flavor and it taste just like grape kool aid. Sometimes for a sweet tooth I make slushy's out of them in the blender....

That's a good idea.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I love the walmart brand cherry limeade, my husband hates crystal light but he loves that one. I also use the wylers light green tea in single serve packets. they come in packs of 20 instead of 10 like crystal light for about the same price.

I like the Hawaiian Punch flavors...they're almost exactly the same, and way cheaper than the rest. Just a $1 a box at Wal-Mart.
  • jodazary
    jodazary Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i love crystal light and the new mocktails are amazing ( i got mine off ebay no where around me sold em) when looking for em though they are NOT usually stocked with the regular crystal light but in the mixed drink sections. the appletini taste like an apple jolly rancher and the margarita one is awesome its my staple at work
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    i love crystal light and the new mocktails are amazing ( i got mine off ebay no where around me sold em) when looking for em though they are NOT usually stocked with the regular crystal light but in the mixed drink sections. the appletini taste like an apple jolly rancher and the margarita one is awesome its my staple at work

Great idea!! I'm doing that cuz I have been looking everywhere for it!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I like the hawiain punch brands also!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Mary Stoddard says, "It's well documented that excitotoxins like aspartame have the reverse affect on weight. People drinking diet drinks and eating diet food will get more hungry.

This is not true for me at all.
    I don't feel hungrier after adding crystal light to my water or when I drink a diet pop.
    Quite the opposite in my experience.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I tried the mojito crystal light....delicious!!!!!!

Mmmmmnm that sounds delicious!:tongue: