GNC - Lean Shake

Options
Lean Shake from GNC I'm considering trying it. Has anyone tried and want to share their experience?

Replies

• masonmst
    masonmst Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I havent but I know GNC has a lot of overpriced stuff. My husband always orders off of bodybuilding.com for his stuff. I get my stuff from Advocare. It is really what is conveint for you. Good luck in whatever you decide.
    :flowerforyou:
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    The stuff taste pretty good the pre made one kinda like Jillian Michel pre made shakes. the problem i have with GNC is that they are overprice. i mean every freaking thing in there and attack people who are new and dont know any better they will sell you water in bottle just to make a buck. find something that not so expensive for no reason.
  • LifesPilgrim
    LifesPilgrim Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I have had the shake, and it is the best tasting one so far with the best nutritional value. I usually mix it with protein powder to up the protein count as well, which makes it a good balanced meal for me.

GNC is expensive, but if you become a Gold Card member (yes, you will have to pay to do that) you will get some good discounts. I can tell you they have the shake on sale right now, buy one get one half off.

If you do buy from GNC go in with a specific list of what you want and don't deviate from. You do get what you pay for with most places like that.
  • sqvash
    sqvash Posts: 17
    Options
    Just bought a container of the Lean Shake Meal Replacement powder last night (blueberries & cream). It does taste good, but has anyone used it and seen that they lose more weight by drinking these shakes (along with diet and exercise), than just by diet & exercise alone?

My finance has one of the member cards and the first 7 days of the month you get an additional 20% off, and the powder is buy one get one half off right now. Still pricey but with those combined "savings" it's worth it if the stuff works, so I'm trying to decide if I should go get 2 more of the containers.

Any thoughts?? :)
  • LifesPilgrim
    LifesPilgrim Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My husband replaced two meals a day, along with exercise, and dropped 5 lbs in one week. So yes, it will jump start the weight loss, but not a long term thing.

We use it mainly on mornings when we work out and don't feel like eating a big breakfast. Like I said, I mix it with a scoop of protein powder in 12 oz of water for a really good meal replacement that will actually hold you for a while.
  • sqvash
    sqvash Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I'm doing it for breakfast, and I've done it a few days for lunch also, so we'll see if it helps me drop any quicker. That's good to hear though! :)

I'm not much of a breakfast eater, so just the shake in cold water is perfect for me. As for lunch I've been having it with raw veggies or something similar and that seems to be good, too.