Finding this to be EXTREMELY hard

Options
2»

Replies

• MelanieP_TX
    MelanieP_TX Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I see no reason why you cant sub a salt free seasoning of your choice. There are countless fresh herbs and vinegars you can use- even small amounts of fresh citrus juices would do your food wonders!! Do you eat protein? (eggs, chicken, unsweetened greek yogurt, etc) There is no reason why you shouldn't incorporate healthy plant based fats into your diet. (almonds, walnuts natural nut butters, olive oil) Healthy fat is just as important as lean protein, whole grains and fresh produce.
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm so shocked at all the feedback I've gotten!!! ok so i rushed and noticed i did miss a few things. I am allowed to eat all the veggies I want and most fruits, No bananas and very little pineapple and mangos, berries no more then a cup. as far as meat goes I can eat it once all the skin and fat is removed and i must cook it on one of those broiler racks so that everything is dripped off, no seasonings other then mrs dash (as i stated i hate that stuff)..... i am not allowed ANY condiments, dressings, oils, nuts, etc. IM NOT EVEN ALLOWED TO DRINK JUICE. he said if im thirsty eat the fruit.

no this is not for any medical reason or allergies. i said i want to lose weight and that is the xerox copy he gave me. i wish i could photo copy it so i can post it up here. maybe someone knows how i can do that?

im sure that with the people I meet here I can go along way! thank you so much guys..

btw I'm 5'6" and currently 217 lbs started at 220 in May or April..

This still sounds too restrictive to be maintained long term, let alone enjoyed! Yes you want to lose weight, but you also want to learn a new way of eating you can follow your whole life long. I personally could not maintain that diet for very long without feeling very deprived! Why no seasonings? No cayenne? No cumin? No corriander? No tobasco? NO THANKS! ;)

You can have great success without him, following a smart diet and getting great meal ideas here on MFP!

Katie
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    That doesn't seem like a very healthy diet. All it does is seem like it would stress you out. I think you are better off using MFP. You should be able to eat whatever you want, just in decent portion sizes. Really just watch your sugar, carbs and sodium intake. Also try and exercise as much as you can (Walking, running, sports, the wii or lifting weights) I wouldn't continue that diet.