C25K to 5K

Options
I'm supposed to start week 6 of C25K on Monday.

I'm also signed up for a 4th of July 5K on Monday.

Should I do week 6 day 1 for the 5K? Or should I just do the best I can (whatever that is) for the 5K and then start week 6 on Wednesday? Tuesday will be a rest day either way.

thoughts?

Replies

• clevengerd1844
    Options
    I would start the week 6 after the race.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Do the best you can on the 5K. Run or Walk it will be your Personal Best which gives you something to build on.

As for the C25K... still do week six but drop Mondays/Tuesdays workout in lieue of the 5K you did Monday. If you feel the need to take an extra day, thats fine too... but carry on your regularly scheduled workouts on Wednesday or Thursday and continue to build.

Good Luck on the 5K! Happy 4th of July!
  • CountryGrrrrl
    Options
    Is it a 13 week program? I was on week 6 of Couch-2-10k when I ran my first 5k. I thought I was going to walk 2 minutes and run 3 minutes like the week's plan... but ended up running the whole way!! I think when you get out there you will surprise yourself. My one word of advice is DONT start out running really fast... pace yourself... and push yourself when you think it's getting hard. You will be so proud of yourself.
    Also... plan at least 3 days of rest before starting the next week in c25k. Your body will thank you.

Enjoy it!!!
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I would say do your best on the 5K and start back with C25K on Wednesday. Don't worry about the C25K schedule during the race, just have fun with it and run your heart out. Adrenaline will probably push you harder than any amount of planning. And definitely stick with C25K afterwards; I finished it a few months ago and have been running regularly ever since--best thing I've done for myself in a LONG time!

Good luck & enjoy the race!
  • Rheagansmom
    Rheagansmom Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I would wait and do it the day after the race.