Super Sizing is what got me in trouble

Options
I've decided that I have a supersized personallity. I am very type A - a lot of energy - a lot of life. Because of that I want the biggest and best when it comes to everything. That included food.

But on the healthy lifestyle side that also included exercise - i didn't want to start because I didn't have hours to devote to it. My mind wants to just go at something 100% full force.

What I've discovered is I can get centered in this thing - that slow and steady is so much better and produces the results I want. When I manage or balance my energy then I don't burn out quickly and quit!

So I'll take the medium please - no more supersize for me!

Replies

• debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I've decided that I have a supersized personallity. I am very type A - a lot of energy - a lot of life. Because of that I want the biggest and best when it comes to everything. That included food.

But on the healthy lifestyle side that also included exercise - i didn't want to start because I didn't have hours to devote to it. My mind wants to just go at something 100% full force.

What I've discovered is I can get centered in this thing - that slow and steady is so much better and produces the results I want. When I manage or balance my energy then I don't burn out quickly and quit!

So I'll take the medium please - no more supersize for me!

Nice job!!

I'm all about moderation, myself. Last month, I lost 1 lb!! Mostly I average one pound every two weeks. I've lost 25 pounds or so, in the last two years. When I see people who are losing much faster than that, I really don't get how they do it because I 1) simply don't want to deny myself that much! and 2) am a single, working mom and about 30 - 40 minutes of exercise is all that I can responsibly do.

Thus: moderation in everything, including weight loss and exercise :)

Best,

Debbie
  • chattychick
    chattychick Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm totally with you- I tend to be all or nothing. I too am finding that the middle ground is the healthiest place to be!
  • TwinMamma09
    TwinMamma09 Posts: 140
    Options
    Wow, it sounded just like you were talking about me in your post. I agree 100% and I am all for taking the medium road this time, slow and steady and not putting too much on my plate.

Good luck to you and hopefully you will get to that goal!!!