Ideal Weight

Options
Hey everyone!

This may be a stupid question but is there a way to find out what type of body frame I have? And My ideal weight?

Any help would be great!

Thank Yall! :)

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    wrap ur index finger and thumb around ur waist, that should give u an idea of what size body frame you have -- small, medium or large -- if ur fingers overlap, u are small, if ur fingers just touch u are a medium and if it doesnt go all the way around u are a large. I believe thats right.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    wrap ur index finger and thumb around ur waist, that should give u an idea of what size body frame you have -- small, medium or large -- if ur fingers overlap, u are small, if ur fingers just touch u are a medium and if it doesnt go all the way around u are a large. I believe thats right.

I think you mean wrist, not waist! Lol.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Cold, hard truth: I always thought I was a large frame since I always was on the larger size, but since I've been working out in the last year, I've discovered much to my chagrin that I actually have a just under medium/not quite small frame! I still have broad shoulders and hips, but the proportioning is VERY different than what I've been my whole life (I've also lost a couple inches in height due to back damage - so that might also have something to do with it!).

The point is, you may not be able to figure out your "true size" until you start your journey and get closer to the end. It really depends on how YOU feel, how YOU think you look, and how YOU want to look. Whatever you choose, be reasonable about your goals, and remember that you CAN change them (I update every few months as I see my self changing), they're not set in stone. Take pictures & measurements each month, compare them to the previous month and "see" what you like, don't like, where/what you want to change. This is ever-changing, as you travel this journey you may discover things about yourself & your body that you never knew: those things help you change and improve upon what you have naturally and achieve the best "you" YOU can be :flowerforyou:
  • FrancesGallagher
    FrancesGallagher Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The way that works (according to Dr. Gott) is your thumb and second finger (I think) wrapped around your wrist. The rest of the instructions in the other message were the same. FG
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

This doesn't work because those of use with large frames often have long fingers... My fingers overlap and I probably have a medium-large frame.

I agree, just get to where you feel and look comfortable. For me that's about a size 8 (lower body). I could never ever do a size 2 or 4.
  • ambitious01
    ambitious01 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/17182.htm --- here's the guideline, hope it helps.:smile: