Phentermine

Options
Is anyone else out there on Phentermine? I take the brand Adipex once a day, and although I know that it's only to jumpstart my new diet and exercise habits, I find that it gives me tons of energy and makes me drink water throughout the day. I also walk or do some sort of exercise at least 5 days a week. I can only be on these pills for 90 days. I am making a conscious effort, though, to CHANGE MY EATING AND EXERCISE habits, so that I don't rely on the pills after the 90 day period is up... I just wondered what kind of results ya'll have had on this medication.

Replies

• msunique133
    msunique133 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 pounds in 3 months months excercising and drinking water and eating healthy on those pills. But as you said in the end you will have to be able to continue the habits and do it on your own. I came to college gained the 60 back and then some but I was young then. Now I am devoted to eating the right things for my health it's really a life or death matter for me. The pills did give me energy, did not make me crave much, and they make you thirsty so you want to drink water. Good Luck <3
  • Toni1071
    Toni1071 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've lost 75lbs with phentermine. It does help a lot with exercise. I've gained some this past year so I just started it again.
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have tried Phentermine twice now. Once two years ago--I lost 20+ lbs in three months the unhealthy way--didnt evercise or watch what I ate. As soon as I got off of them, I gained the 20 back PLUS an additional 20 lbs. My second attempt at phentermine was about two months ago. I had already been on MFP losing weight by simply eating right and exercise (I had lost 17 lbs at that time), but I wanted to quickly lose a few more pounds before the big official weigh-in I had two weeks later. So I took phentermine for two weeks and dropped an additional 4 lbs. Once I got off though, it was like my body had been thrown completely out of whack; I didnt lose another pound for a month even though I was still eating healthy.

I have decided that for me, my best way to lose weight is through calorie counting and exercise. When I am on Phentermine, I find it too easy to not work out because it is so darned easy to just lose a pound a day without trying. BUT what I find super interesting, it that right now--at 157 lbs.--I am in the same size pants as I was at 147lbs when I was on phentermine two years ago. Reason being is that now I have lean muscle mass from working out--whereas then, I was just "skinny fat" as some call it. Plus, I just feel so much more accomplished knowing that I CAN do this without that little blue and white pill. :tongue:

Do what is best for you, but remember that in the long run, healthy eating and exercise is what will keep you from gaining it back. But it sounds like you already know that. Good luck to ya! :smile:
  • dnnmccloud
    dnnmccloud Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I took them some years ago from a doctor along with a b-12 shot...Seems like when I stopped I was worse off than where I started..It's excellent for the energy, but my body was use to it and once I stopped I gained....Good luck.!
  • msunique133
    msunique133 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agrre ^^^^ you will gain ever bit back it you do not continue your patterns it will come back faster then it left and you will gain more and then some. Some people take it and loose wait and still eat junk food and do not excercise. It is not teaching you a lesson of long term health which is most important. I support using the pills but only for the right reasons.
  • DJParrish01
    DJParrish01 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have started making much better food choices and exercising. I'm not going to rely soley on the pills. I just hope I have the willpower to maintain after I stop using the pills!! My first goal is 180. I started at 230, and am down to 218. It comes from YEARS of NO exercise and eating whatever, whenever. Wish me luck, girls, and I do the same for you!!
  • LeeciesLosingIt
    Options
    I just started my Phentermine HCL 30mg on 07/01/2011 - and I love it. But you hit the nail when you said a jumpstart. I am also learning to change my habits, but the energy it gives me I hope will allow me to lose enough weight to be able to produce my own energy and not be so difficult to work out. I am using the time I am on it to create new habits. My doctor told me that after 90 days it seems to lose it's effect on your body to some degree. I get monitored monthly by doctors visits and blood-work (mainly for my thyroid disorder to make sure the Phentermine doesn't throw it off track)

You should also join the Phentermine.com forums, a lot of great information there too.