Replies

• AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    MFP is the website you are on - myfitnesspal :smile:
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Respectfully, I regularly see people her weight (< 120lbs) on MFP burning in excess of 1200 calories DAILY through running and various Calisthenics... I have a few MFP friends who post their workouts every day. So we can't make a blanket statement that it can't be done or that she shouldn't eat back her calories.

If we were talking about someone with A LOT of weight to lose, then we could meet somewhere in the middle... eat back some of those calories, however, the OP is already petite with only a few pounds to lose. So I say she should eat them all back, espeically if she wants to maintain lean muscle. IMO. :smile:

Thank you, I agree. Although I'm afraid to eat too much. I always feel like in eating too much and won't eat even if im hungry. How do I find a balance between the two? Eating enough and exercising but also losing the leftover fat. I am a small person, and I am largely built of muscle both naturally and because I'm a competitive athlete all year. If Im supposed to eat more, what do I eat more of and how much more are we talking?

This is where a personal fitness/ nutrition coach comes in handy. You have very specific goals, and generic advice may just confuse things.
    Strength training will help you burn off those last few pounds and let you keep that lean muscle. The trade-off is that you have to fuel the machine so it can repair itself from those workouts. You may need to adjust your fitness profile to "active", with .5lb loss per week. That will increase your daily calorie allowance here on MFP.

I see too many people on this site who eat less than 1000 cals a day and can't understand why they aren't losing weight. You don't have the excess weight to pull that off, and will likely just lose muscle instead.
  • desertrosepaint
    desertrosepaint Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Respectfully, I regularly see people her weight (< 120lbs) on MFP burning in excess of 1200 calories DAILY through running and various Calisthenics... I have a few MFP friends who post their workouts every day. So we can't make a blanket statement that it can't be done or that she shouldn't eat back her calories.

If we were talking about someone with A LOT of weight to lose, then we could meet somewhere in the middle... eat back some of those calories, however, the OP is already petite with only a few pounds to lose. So I say she should eat them all back, espeically if she wants to maintain lean muscle. IMO. :smile:

Oh duh! Ha, that was stupid. MFP, right.

Ok, so up the strength and interval training in exchange more food.

Thank you, I agree. Although I'm afraid to eat too much. I always feel like in eating too much and won't eat even if im hungry. How do I find a balance between the two? Eating enough and exercising but also losing the leftover fat. I am a small person, and I am largely built of muscle both naturally and because I'm a competitive athlete all year. If Im supposed to eat more, what do I eat more of and how much more are we talking?

This is where a personal fitness/ nutrition coach comes in handy. You have very specific goals, and generic advice may just confuse things.
    Strength training will help you burn off those last few pounds and let you keep that lean muscle. The trade-off is that you have to fuel the machine so it can repair itself from those workouts. You may need to adjust your fitness profile to "active", with .5lb loss per week. That will increase your daily calorie allowance here on MFP.

I see too many people on this site who eat less than 1000 cals a day and can't understand why they aren't losing weight. You don't have the excess weight to pull that off, and will likely just lose muscle instead.