Anyone else do this??

Options
I have not lost any weight in a couple of months, I have not really been trying. I have almost no motivation. Ugh. THat is exactly what my brain says every time I think about making good healthy food choices. I had done so well, but I have really fallen off the wagon. Here is my question.....Does anyone else still cruise the forum / community? Reading posts and answering questions even though it has been weeks and weeks since I truly tried to lose?? I guess I just keep hoping that I will find motivation in this site while reading about other people's stuggles and successes. My husband has lost 86 pounds. Me? 23. Wish me luck, guys. I really need to get back my mojo. Anyone else in a similar situation?? :indifferent:

Replies

• SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I lost 35lbs my first diet and kept it off for years... then I lost my 'mojo'. Now I am looking to loose the 16 I gained plus another 5 or so. For me the loss of mojo came mostly from not exercising. I would encourage you to find something to do (exercise) that you ENJOY doing FIRST... get into that and I think you will feel more motivated to eat healthy.

I HATE running, fitness clubs, weight lifting... so I found that I enjoy walking (briskly) and riding my "comfort" bike (can't stand those bikes with tooth picks for seats.

Find what you ENJOY doing, and DO IT.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I have problems where Ill be strong for like 3 weeks and do really good lose about 8 lbs or so and then bam Ill have a get together or something and cheat and then I feel so guilty it makes me do bad for like 2 or 3 days and end up gaining half the weight I just lost back and since April I have been doing this so I havent lost as much as I could have been capable of I think. Good Luck I hope this helps its kind of similar. Just start making yourself and eventually youll get back to where you want to. I find once I go to the gym even when I didnt want to, I am so much energized after wards and I feel better. Just start over as if its day one and take one day at a time
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I had a 2 month time frame of being off the wagon and coming up with what seemed like terrific excuses to not exercise!! I finally decided I had enough of feeling BLECH and jumped back on that wagon with a mission! That was at the end of May and I just keep thinking about how great it felt to get back on when I want to come up with an excuse again. I did continue to post on the boards as I was still eating right and had, at least I though at the time, good reasons for not working out. You can still be encouraging without following your own advice!!
    You too will find your inner strength and get back into doing the healthier thing. Keep the faith!!
  • busymomoffour
    busymomoffour Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    now's the time to hop back onto the wagon - 23# is nearly one quarter of your goal - that's great! can't compare yourself to hubby - just get started again - great tools, great encouragement and resources and it's summer time - more options for being active - walking, swimming, gardening, etc.......and lots of fresh produce available ..... it's a good time to start again! looking forward to seeing you meet your goals :-)
  • mojo75
    mojo75 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Did someone say get their mojo back? lol Guys we all fall off the bandwagon. Look around, do you see well built, sexy people walking around everywhere? No! Its a hard path but one well worth following. If you beat yourself up over falling off then you will never get back on. My advice is to say screw it, brush your shoulders off and jump back on! My favorite old saying is "You haven't truly failed until you stop trying"
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    thanks for the words of encouragement, guys. You know what? I have one of those comfort bikes. I need to drag it out of the storage room.....................