HELP

I started 6 days ago and up untill new years eve lost 2lb which i was very happy with, i also was jogging for 5 days 30mins each time and feeling better a lot better.

Weighed today and ive put on 4 lbs, from only 1 day i cant believe it i feel so stupid

Any advice would be good:sad:

Replies

• I started 6 days ago and up untill new years eve lost 2lb which i was very happy with, i also was jogging for 5 days 30mins each time and feeling better a lot better.

Weighed today and ive put on 4 lbs, from only 1 day i cant believe it i feel so stupid

Any advice would be good:sad:
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Hi

Keep your chin up your weight can fluctuate depending on many things eg hormones, how much water you have been drinking, etc etc.. The 4lb gain is probably water retention stick with your diet and drink plenty of water and it will be Ok.

I only weigh in once a week I find you can get too obsessed with the scales. Try taking some body measurements and check these once a fortnight. Remember muscle weighs more than fat so no weight lost could still mean you are getting a leaner body so use both measurements and weight.

Good luck and remember you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Don’t worry about that I am sure you didn’t gain actual weight. The doctor told me if someone gains that much weight in one day it is fluid. So don’t worry keep on keeping on and this too will pass. You will be fine.
    LoJo :flowerforyou:
  • Clun1990
    Clun1990 Posts: 22 Member
    Hi there
    its normal if you are doing lots of exercise its water once your body lets go of it you will see your real weight if you have not done exercise for a long time then start doing lots of it you will hold water drink lots of water and it will help, see you will be making muscle and and muscle weighs more than fat take a long hot shower and relax your muscel it really will help beleave me i have been there don't give up stick with it laura:smile:
  • :smile: Not worth worrying about its probably water retention if you have been munching carbs and salty bits. Hey tomorrow is another day and there is not one dieter who has not been through this:sad: .

Take each day as it comes and dont get obsessed, be happy if you lose and if you dont, learn by your mistakes! :laugh:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    I find that it works better if you don't weigh yourself every day. Rather once a week. then when you do weigh your self try to make the conditions as consistant as possible. Like weigh yourself first thing in the morning wearing the same clothes every week (or better naked). You will get less discouraged this way, and remember the best rate to lose weight is at a pound a week.