High protein banana pancakes!

Options
marie_2454
marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
I just made a batch of these and they were so good, and I just knew I had to share with everyone. I got the original recipe from smartfoodandfit.com, and tweaked it a bit)

2 TB rolled oats
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Jay Robb vanilla)
1 tsp splenda (the recipe called for a packet of stevia, but I only had splenda)
1/2 TB cinnamon (the original recipe called for 1/2 tsp, but I like a lot of cinnamon)
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/3 cup egg whites (I used original egg beaters and a little bit less than 1/3 cup because I used a whole banana)
2 TB unsweetened almond milk (I didn't use this because I used a whole banana and the batter was plenty runny)
1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract (I used vanilla powder since I was out of vanilla extract)
1/2 mashed banana (I used a whole, small organic banana. I find that the organic bananas taste sweeter and have a stronger banana taste)

I added some mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and a little bit of PB2 to part of the batch just to experiment and they were amazing! My new favorite breakfast food :love: I was going to take pictures, but was so hungry that I just ate them instead :blushing: This made 2 medium pancakes and 3 smaller ones. The whole recipe has: 361 calories, 5g fat, 43g carbs, 5g fiber, 36g protein, 305mg sodium. I don't track my sugar, so I'm not sure what that count is. I'm planning on making them again tomorrow, so I'll try to get some pics up

Replies

• JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I just made a batch of these and they were so good, and I just knew I had to share with everyone. I got the original recipe from smartfoodandfit.com, and tweaked it a bit)

2 TB rolled oats
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Jay Robb vanilla)
    1 tsp splenda (the recipe called for a packet of stevia, but I only had splenda)
    1/2 TB cinnamon (the original recipe called for 1/2 tsp, but I like a lot of cinnamon)
    1/8 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    pinch of salt
    1/3 cup egg whites (I used original egg beaters and a little bit less than 1/3 cup because I used a whole banana)
    2 TB unsweetened almond milk (I didn't use this because I used a whole banana and the batter was plenty runny)
    1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract (I used vanilla powder since I was out of vanilla extract)
    1/2 mashed banana (I used a whole, small organic banana. I find that the organic bananas taste sweeter and have a stronger banana taste)

I added some mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and a little bit of PB2 to part of the batch just to experiment and they were amazing! My new favorite breakfast food :love: I was going to take pictures, but was so hungry that I just ate them instead :blushing: This made 2 medium pancakes and 3 smaller ones. The whole recipe has: 361 calories, 5g fat, 43g carbs, 5g fiber, 36g protein, 305mg sodium. I don't track my sugar, so I'm not sure what that count is. I'm planning on making them again tomorrow, so I'll try to get some pics up

Wow, I wish I would've found this post a few minutes ago. This sounds so deliscous!