Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Tail Bone Issues...only me?

I am proud to say that I am down to a size I wore in HS (which was a long time ago since I just turned 39 +1 this year). I still have 5-7 lbs that I would like to go before I start a maintenance diet and exercise plan. Currently 5' 2" 129. This may sound bizarre but over the past month I have noticed my tailbone. It doesn't hurt but just feels weird and bothers me when sitting and especially when doing the bike, my floor exercises and pilates. Has anyone else had this issue? Does it go away after awhile? Is there anything I can do? I am so glad that my booty is shrinking but now feel some discouragement from doing certain exercises when I am constantly focusing on feeling that little 'pain in the butt' bone back there. Please send positive energy and wisdom!

Replies

• mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Well, you should never exercise off of your tail bone. It's very fragile and I've seen some horror stories with it. Try to use the small of your back more. When you sit on a bike, lean more forward, not straight up and down.
  • Emi_chan
    Emi_chan Posts: 105 Member
    I have the same issue when I was doing situps in class. I haven't found a way for it go to away, I just modify my exercises. Maybe for biking, you can get a cushion for your seat? For my mat exercises, I just form my hands in a diamond shape and support my tailbone that way. So when I do situps now, at least my tailbone isn't touching the mat and it doesn't hurt me that way.

Hope this helps some! :bigsmile:
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    No! I have also had issues. I am not even @ my goal weight but I'm the lowest I've been in yrs and it's uncomfortable to sit on so I felt back there and there's a huge bump on the bone itself! I remember hurting it really bad as a kid and wonder if it's somehow related but I'll be headed to the doc anyway. You don't have a bump on yours do you?
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    hmmmm.....as another small person (five foot three and 115 pounds) I understand this! My physical therapist said it was a lack of glute muscles (for me at least). So, I've been doing exercises to strengthen the muscles in my bottom!

This is just my experience, but it's worth a try!
  • Tailbone issues can really be painful, one thing that was mentioned by stefraab was the possible bump, I'd say if you had an actual serious tailbone issue it would be extremely painful. A bump back there could be possibly some sort of absess those can be painful if they get infected, if its a real problem I would have a doctor take a look honestly if you're able and if its hurting just in case better safe than sorry.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Yea, like if I do sit ups on a hard floor... whoa. ouchers. I just use padding since I evidently lack it back there!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,493 Member
    You are not alone. I was doing the Crunch Super Slimdown workout the other day and could not do a move simply because my tailbone was digging into the floor.
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Tailbone issues can really be painful, one thing that was mentioned by stefraab was the possible bump, I'd say if you had an actual serious tailbone issue it would be extremely painful. A bump back there could be possibly some sort of absess those can be painful if they get infected, if its a real problem I would have a doctor take a look honestly if you're able and if its hurting just in case better safe than sorry.

agree! I myself am going today :-)
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    I use a piece of foam for ab exercises. It's (tailbone issue) pretty annoying.