Minimal support to regular running shoes

Options
I was wondering how long it has taken people to return to a regular running shoe after exercising in minimal support shoes?

I was wearing Nike Free shoes for about the last 6 months and LOVE them, however, they are getting a bit worn out, so I really can't wear them any more. At the same time I bought the Frees, I bought a traditional pair of shoes too incase I didn't like the Frees, well...I wore those today and they felt really really strange. I got really used to being able to move my feet and feeling the track as well as my balance when doing squats and such. I don't have the money to buy another pair of Frees right now, plus, I have perfectly good pair of shoes that I can wear. I will get another pair at some point, but for now, how long did it take you to make the transition?

Replies

• JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how long it has taken people to return to a regular running shoe after exercising in minimal support shoes?

I was wearing Nike Free shoes for about the last 6 months and LOVE them, however, they are getting a bit worn out, so I really can't wear them any more. At the same time I bought the Frees, I bought a traditional pair of shoes too incase I didn't like the Frees, well...I wore those today and they felt really really strange. I got really used to being able to move my feet and feeling the track as well as my balance when doing squats and such. I don't have the money to buy another pair of Frees right now, plus, I have perfectly good pair of shoes that I can wear. I will get another pair at some point, but for now, how long did it take you to make the transition?

I'm glad I read this. I have regular Nikes now and I want some flatter shoes (heel) for lifting and such. I'm really considering the Frees myself.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I read this. I have regular Nikes now and I want some flatter shoes (heel) for lifting and such. I'm really considering the Frees myself.

Sort of off topic here, but Chucks are pretty much ideal lifting shoes.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    bump

sorry to not have any input, but I just got a 'Pes Anserinus Bursitis' diagnosis

:laugh: (I've been calling it PEZ bursitis - I have a bad memory for medical terms...) :explode:

and the Sports Doc recommended going back to cushioned (non-minimal) shoes... would love to hear what people have to say.