Walden Farms? Miracle Noodles?

Options
Has anyone ever used Walden Farms products or Miracle Noodles? Whats your opinion of them?

Replies

• kamoira23
    kamoira23 Posts: 193
    Options
    I just started eating miracle noodles... they're not bad! They have a sponge-ier consistency than noodles, but they don't have much of a taste. For zero calories, I'll continue to eat them as a pasta!
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I went to the store last week in my quest for the Miracle Noodles. I found the noodles, but I decided not to buy it because I couldn't get over how nasty it looked in the water filled pouches they come in. It did not look very appealling at all. I just couldnt bring myself to buy it because I knew I wouldn't eat it and it would be a waste of my money. Friends also told me that they smelly fishy even after you rinse them off. I have devided to eat Whole Grain noodles such as Ranzoni Healty Harvest instead. I just have to eat small portion of the Ranzoni.
  • alittle99
    alittle99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've been using Walden Farms' Italian dressing for a while now and I love it! I think it has a great taste, and hey- you can't beat ZERO calories! I'm sure there are some real foodies out there who will say it's too good to be true or there's something not natural in it, but from what I can tell it's mostly water and then additives (that are seemingly okay) to make the flavor. Anyway- like I said I like it and haven't gotten sick or anything from it, so I'm an advocate for it! I haven't tried any of the "creamier" varieties (e.g. ceasar, ranch, blue cheese, etc), but again the Italian is great to me!
  • Jackie_Snape80
    Options
    Walden Farms products vary in taste. The ranch and asian dressings are kinda gross to me. The peanut spread is only decent if mixed with something like jam or cocoa powder or cinnamon. The caramel dip is OK, slight chemically taste. However, the marshmallow dip is pretty yummy and the chocolate dip is good. By far, the best thing I've tried is their pancake syrup...amazing! It tastes just like regular syrup :D

I want to try the miracle noodles, though. I'm sure they would be fine in a casserole or something
  • revtracey
    revtracey Posts: 3
    Options
    I have been anxious to find Miracle Noodles and try them. My friend saw them in our local health food store here in the South. She is not into such things as health food. I just brought her for entertainment. She did not tell me she saw the Miracle Noodles until we left the store. I will not repeat what she said about them. (lol) However, I still want to try them. I have tried Walden Farms products before a long time ago and liked them. I think I used the salad dressings.
  • DJmom44
    DJmom44 Posts: 91
    Options
    I've tried the shirataki noodles and they are a good pasta substitute. You have to rinse them first. They absorb the flavors of what they're cooked with, so I boiled them in beef broth before I served it with spaghetti sauce. The texture is a little chewier than pasta.
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i have the miracle noodles and they're not fantastic but not horrible either. RINSE A LOT or they'll be "fishy". i use the "rice" a lot in soups and stuff, or the other day i mixed it with barley and peas so i could have a full cup for 100 calories instead of 200 and it was very filling and not all that bad tasting.

i wouldn't cook it for company or a special occasion, but for those days when you feel like you can just eat a horse and need to stuff your face, it's great =) good luck!!!
  • craftykimmer
    craftykimmer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I tried the noodles. I really wanted to like them, and tried twice, but in the end...ick. They have a wierd watery chewy texture. The taste is, well, tolerable. I just couldnt get past the texture, tho.
  • elizabeth60
    elizabeth60 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms is the best!! Their Chilopte Ranch dressing is awesome. I have tried most of them and love them all except the Asian . I also have tried their chocolte and carmel ice cream toppings!!! Very good also. I love ice cream so it is a way to cut calories for this snack. I agree with the Peanut Butter, not the best along, but with the Walden Farms Jam it is just fine.
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    I've tried a couple of the Waldens farms salad dressings and disliked all of them. But........they have a 100% money back guarantee, which they honored........and sent me a coupon for a free product! LOL

I've had the shirataki noodles several times and they're fine. My husband thinks they're disgusting, but I like them rather than not being able to have a noodle at all, and they're VERY filling.
    Like everyone else has said.........be sure that they're rinsed very well and dried before trying to add a sauce to them.
  • kamoira23
    kamoira23 Posts: 193
    Options
    I've never tried any Walden Farms products... I'll have to try!
  • Saddyamk
    Options
    I just recently purchasd Miracle Noodles. I've tried them 3 times so far, and each time after rinsing them off, I've boiled them. I ate them with just a regular red sauce (Prego or something) and then I received my Walden Farms shipment, so I tried the Alfredo sauce. The Alfredo sauce is NOT bad.... for 0 calories. However, like many others, I don't like the texture of the noodles. I've noticed though, the texture changes while you're boiling them, and technically, they are ready to eat right out of the water package they come in (after rinsing of course). So tonight I'm going to try rinsing them, cutting them slighly (because they are REALLY long noodles) and then just heat them in the microwave with the alfredo sauce on them, and see if that works. Overall, the taste isn't outstanding, but if you sprinkle a bit of parm cheese on the dish, it's just fine. So, I can have a full dish of "pasta" with sauce, for only 40 calories! Come on!

As for Walden Farms, so far I've only tried to Alfredo Sauce, which you know isn't that bad, and the Peanut Spread, which as others have said, is only good with Jam or something added. I agree 100%! It's not very good at all, so if I use it, I always use a regular jam with it. I can't really taste it, but every once in a while I get that peanut taste. Not overwhelming like Peanut Butter, but I suppose for this stuff, I'm not looking for overwhelming. In all liklihood, I won't buy it again, but I will try their syrup, which I heard was outstanding! I also have their Chipolte Ranch Dressing, which I haven't tried yet. It's on my list...
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I bought some for the first time about a month ago. I think they were quite possibly the nastiest thing I have ever put in my mouth! Totally GROSS! But that is just me. I know others who do like them.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever used Walden Farms products or Miracle Noodles? Whats your opinion of them?

Do you like food that tastes good or don't really care? If you don't care go right ahead and purchase/eat them
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I went to the store last week in my quest for the Miracle Noodles. I found the noodles, but I decided not to buy it because I couldn't get over how nasty it looked in the water filled pouches they come in. It did not look very appealling at all. I just couldnt bring myself to buy it because I knew I wouldn't eat it and it would be a waste of my money. Friends also told me that they smelly fishy even after you rinse them off. I have devided to eat Whole Grain noodles such as Ranzoni Healty Harvest instead. I just have to eat small portion of the Ranzoni.

This!^

I've not tried zero calorie noodles...but whole grain noodles are good. "Lifestyle changes" ....no way I'm eating zero calorie noodles for the rest of my life.

Any zero calorie (or zero fat) dressing I've ever tried has a wierd aftertaste.

A "real" tasting peanut butter substitute ....PB2 (powdered peanut butter) .... 85% of the fat is pressed out.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the Miracle Noodle brand shiritaki noodles. LIke the above posters have said, the texture is not the same as wheat pasta, but it's similar, and close enough to sate my ravenous pasta cravings.

I can eat my body weight in pasta, especially during certain times of the month,

and miracle noodles allow me to indulge that terrible terrible urge without taking in 57280 calories a night.

plus the extra fiber is always good
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself what they have to do to make ranch dressing, italian dressing, ice cream toppings, etc. that have zero calories. I am not all about fearing foods for chemicals in them, but come on, there are some things that just have calories...
  • Walden Farms is amazing..... 0 everything and tastes great. I even use it as a marinade.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I use walden farms salad dressings. They are heavily vinegar based, and they taste that way. I don't mind that, others might. They don't taste like "ranch" dressing, but I don't think they taste bad. The peanut butter? Just no. It was kinda sorta OK as an ice cream topping, but even then I was happy to get rid of the jar.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    May I suggest for the noodles using spaghetti squash if you are looking for a replacement? At least that tastes good, no fish smell, and it is actually food.