Almost half way there. My kids are starting to call me skinn

Options
alifer
alifer Posts: 387 Member
I joined in mid March. I'm down almost 23 pounds since then and have about 20-25 more to go. I had to get a new pair of jeans for this weekend and my kids keep telling me how skinny I look. (Kids are 16 yrs and 11 yrs). I was so happy when I purchased size 10's and 11's. My previous jeans were 16's. 10's are a huge accomplishment since I was in a 12 before I was pregnant with 1st child. It is one thing for other people to notice that something is different, or that I've lost weight, but to hear it from my kids means so much more. As teens and pre-teens can be painfully honest about people and their weight.

Replies

• Angelrvr
    Angelrvr Posts: 3
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work!:smile:
  • EyeCanSeeYou
    Options
    That's inspiring for me. I'm currently a size 16, but my pants are getting lose....So maybe I'm size 14.
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Congrats and keep up the great work!!!!
  • kimdoes
    kimdoes Posts: 90
    Options
    That's wonderful!! Congrats!
  • netgirl224
    netgirl224 Posts: 64
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep up the good work!
  • ShannonPuentes
    ShannonPuentes Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just signed up....but I have been working out and watching my diet for the last few months so I can totally relate to your story...my family tells me the same thing and it feels so great!

HUGE Congrats!!!!
    Best of luck!!!!! :)
  • raven6704
    raven6704 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thats great!!
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm really feeling unstoppable now. I was worried about this weekend because there is a big festival going on that I'm involved with. I don't have time to get workouts in and there is 'fair' food. So far it's going very well. And now I'm confident that I will meet my goal and will be able to maintain even with weekends like this.
  • StarArly
    StarArly Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    WoW! Congratulations.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!