Help with problem areas!

Options
I am doing well loosing weight (24lbs since January). I don't have the money to get a gym membership ( i have a wii fit), and I worked 16-17 hour days, the last few months. Now its summer and I am only working 10 hours a week, so I have lots of free time. Hello being a supply teacher!

I need some suggestions on work outs that will help my hips and legs (mostly the upper leg). I tried on my size 10, and they fit around the waist, but when I sit down my thighs and hips look HUGE. HELP!

Like I said I can't afford a gym membership, but the wii fit and wii active. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    I do lunges and squats. They help you upper thighs! Good Luck!
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm finding that the 30 Day Shred (Jillian Michaels) dvd is useful for problem areas. I think it cost about $10 at target/walmart and the like. I'm on day 16. could see some visible changes to my body by day 5. it's tough, but effective.

Just a thought...and congrats on your weight loss to date, even with a hectic schedule!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • suzi67
    suzi67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are already used to being on your feet, so why not go for walks? It's free and works on all the areas you are concerned about. I've lost most of my weight by just doing that.
  • xNightguestx
    xNightguestx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I started doing couch to 5k and I find it amazing how although ive been doing Zumba and stationary bike riding intensely since February I still wasn't using so many muscles in my legs. I have only just started but can already feel a difference in my legs right up to my stomach...I have high hopes for it!
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Lunges, squats, walking, running...all of that will help, but it is nearly impossible to "spot reduce". Just keep your nutrition right, and keep exercising and it will come off. I know the first thing I always notice when losing weight is how much better my shoes fit! Check out backpacker.com, they always have fitness tips for hikers (i.e.: legs, hips, butt) and most of what they show doesn't require equipment and can be done at home.
  • darrielirwin
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Keep the ideas coming! I seem to be losing all of my weight on the top half (Stomach, face and lower arms). Now I want to focus on the bottom half! :)