do you trust your pedometer?

Options
I'm just wondering if I can trust the accuracy of a pedometer?

Replies

• bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    We followed the directions and mine was still wrong. I'd invest in a good HRM instead.
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I purchased the Omron Aerobic pedometer and it is surprisingly accurate. So yes I do trust the Omron brand. I think it was only around $20 US dollars aswell.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    all the ones i've had have given double readings...i counted my steps on a school run once (sad I know!!)and it had more than doubled, the others weren't quite that bad but close to double...maybe I have more bounce in my step although I doubt it as I was always in high heels
  • mixbl
    mixbl Posts: 20
    Options
    If it is the pendulum type then not so much, because you can shake it and add steps.
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    No!!!!! I need upgrade to a better one
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I don't bother-- have been through a few because I keep on wanting it to work. The one I have now I only use for the clock function. I find either my steps are practically double, or 1/3 of what they should be. *sigh*.
  • mamacremers
    mamacremers Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I tried one and noticed that it would count my jiggles as well as my steps. :happy: I don't worry about how many steps i take, but rather how far and how fast. I have a couple routes in my neighborhood that are a mile and 1.5 miles long so if I walk them in 20 or 30 minutes respectively, I know I walked 3 mph and I log it accordingly.