Yorkshire Fishcake

Options
EmVar
EmVar Posts: 13 Member
I've googled this but have had no joy finding out how many calories in a proper Yorkshire fishcake - you know the ones from the chip shop with a layer of fish between 2 layers of potato deep fried in batter. (proper gorgeous by the way, those patty things you get elsewhere do not cut the mustard!)

So anyway I've been logging it as 2 chip shop potato cakes and an ordinary fishcake (patty thing) it comes out as 510kcals. They're exceedingly naughty so this could be right, but I'm not sure.

There's a chip shop on the corner of my street so I have one once or twice a month (and then work it off taking my daughter to the park!).

Thanks
x Em

Replies

• fatkidlovescake
    fatkidlovescake Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You can always ask the chip shop - I work in one and we keep on file all the ingredients and usually nutritional information in case anyone asks for allergy or general diet reasons (I think most places have to by law) obviously if they are made in the shop rather than bought frozen from a supplier then it's a different story.
    If they can give you the calories remember you'll probably want to add on a bit for the frying process as well!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I reckon thats right, I found out once and I am pretty sure it was close to 600. I can't find the link now. They are great though.