Sucker.

Options
That's right, i'm a sucker. I went into the gym to workout during my lunch break today. Well, they had an advertisment for five 30 minute personal training sessions for $99.

Sold. :bigsmile:

I start Monday!

I HAVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to lose 6 pounds by October 31 or i'm going to...I don't know, but it won't be good.:huh:

Replies

• lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    That's right, i'm a sucker. I went into the gym to workout during my lunch break today. Well, they had an advertisment for five 30 minute personal training sessions for $99.

I start Monday!

I HAVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to lose 6 pounds by October 31 or i'm going to...I don't know, but it won't be good.:huh:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I wish I had the nerve to hire a personal trainer......I just don't think I could stand humilating myself any more than I already do at the gym. You go girl!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I guess I just don't care what anyone thinks. Their opinion of me doesn't change who I am so therefore I will go to the gym, make an *kitten* out of myself, but in the end i'll be smaller and happy! :bigsmile:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I guess I just don't care what anyone thinks. Their opinion of me doesn't change who I am so therefore I will go to the gym, make an *kitten* out of myself, but in the end i'll be smaller and happy! :bigsmile:

Can I please borrow a cup of your self-esteem? Someday, I will get to be like you and then the world had better watch out!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Sounds like a great deal
    I also think it's a great idea!
    Let us know how it goes

good for you!!

Kim
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I think a personal trainer is an excellent opportunity and you should be happy that you took the offer.

We fall into our own little routines when working out doing the same mundane things over and over and over again. A personal trainer affords you the opportunity to mix up the way you train and that will certainly test your body and force it to burn calories differently. It's a different way to do interval training without the running -- for those of you who are familiar with that training technique.

Good on you and please do let people know how it works out for you.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Go Lina!!!!!!

I hope he's a HAWT PT too... you'll be there an hour early!:tongue:
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That is a great deal. Good you jumped on it.

I usually hire a trainer for about 6 to 10 sessions each year, and I get a different person each time. They really help you add to your own r'epertoire of "moves" during the rest of the year. And it improves discipline because if you don't show up you're throwing away money, and they tend to push you a bit more than you might yourself (speaking for me anyway).

I guess I'm a little "tuned out" because it never even occured to me to think it was embarrasing to have a trainer. If there is some stigma about it, no one ever told me!
  • mhildreth66
    mhildreth66 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Holy crap that is cheap!!! I hired one at Gold's gym and it was 400 bucks for 6 sessions! I LOVED working with a trainer but I know how some people feel about working out with them in the gym. When he made me do crazy things like jumping on the 1/2 ball thing, I made him allow me to do it in one of the aerobic rooms. He would have me stand back, jump with two feet on it and stick the landing and stay there, then squat down. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times i would jump on and fall off! :laugh: There was no way i wanted anyone to watch me do that! I have to say, that was one of the best exercises he gave me for my core!!
  • msblondy16
    Options
    That is so cool! I am way jealous. Getting a personal trainer (or just a few sessions) has the #1 spot on my "things to do when I finally finish school and make real money" list. And seeing as how I am working on my PhD now and then going for my MD afterwards, this could be a while!! Let us know how it goes. Good luck!!!!! :happy:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    HEY, that is no sucka-thats my friend!!

I think that is a great deal. Nothing wrong with 20 bucks a session. I was just quoted $99 an HOUR!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I think a personal trainer is an excellent opportunity and you should be happy that you took the offer.

We fall into our own little routines when working out doing the same mundane things over and over and over again. A personal trainer affords you the opportunity to mix up the way you train and that will certainly test your body and force it to burn calories differently. It's a different way to do interval training without the running -- for those of you who are familiar with that training technique.

RHESTON I missed you!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

I start Monday!

Hi Lina,
    I really think you'll be amazed on what a trainer can teach you...wow, we all work so hard at the gyms but ya know they've gone to school and can share bit & pieces about your muscles that most of just don't know. They give you a push on the days you just don't have that push within you...sometimes you'll hate em' but looking back you'll realize it's the greatest decision/gift you could ever give yourself!!:flowerforyou:

I think that with your attitude you'll have great luck getting off those 6lbs. by your desired date:happy:

All the best to you Lina:happy:
    Keep us up on your progess and what you learn along the way.:drinker:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options

RHESTON I missed you!
    Me three bro! :drinker: