Slightly tentative hi

Options
RobynC79
RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
Hi everyone, I joined MFP about a month ago mainly as a way of tracking daily calories. I am pretty happy with my weight and so I feel like a bit of an outsider here (hence the hesitation to introduce myself), but I love reading the transformations and progress threads because you're all totally an inspiration!

I'm 32, about 166cm (5' 4.5" ish) and I weigh between 106-109 pounds. I have a pretty small frame so I don't look super skinny at that weight, have pretty normal body fat (~19%) and I've been around this weight for the past five years. In my early 20s I had a fairly minor brush with anorexia and bulemia and then after recovery got up to my highest weight of ~125-130 pounds. I still look at photos of myself very critically, even at my 'happy' weight. so I guess that's a hard habit to shake. I have no neck! My waist is so thick! Ugh, no abs/fat *kitten*/crinkly knees/double chin... etc.... I'm sure I'm not the only one who does that!

I'm one of those that struggle with eating all my calories without freaking out that I'm going to balloon, so all those posts shouting "EAT YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES' are really great.

Anyway, just saying hi, and wondering how many other members are in a similar boat - more maintenance and tracking rather than active weightloss?

Replies

• tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. Ideally I want to be down about 3 more lbs, but maintaining is very important to me as well. It is always nice to see more people like myself! I am sending you a friend request. :)
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Everyone is welcome here, regardless of what your goals are. Some people are here to lose 200 pounds, other people are actually here to gain weight. So you are definitely welcome. I think this site would be helpful for you in tracking calories to make sure you are eating enough. At your current weight and height, you are at the low end of what is considered a healthy weight, so you definitely want to make sure you track what you are eating to make sure you don't drop your weight too low.

Welcome here, and I hope you enjoy being part of this community!
  • RobynC79
    Options
    Ah, you guys are so nice! It's great to feel welcome. I have a question for you all about BMI, actually, since I seem to hang my happiness on it's single decimal point (stupid, I know...). I know most people don't go by that measure alone, just wondering what everyone's preferred method of overall progress is, if not BMI?
  • RickyN29
    RickyN29 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It's great actually to hear from someone on the other side of the fence. I'd imagine that in many of the ways that we are so different, we actually have shared worries and feelings.

MFP is great for maintaining and keeping tabs. So welcome! ... though many of us will be emveaous of you!

:)

Ricky
  • RobynC79
    Options
    Hey Ricky, Your profile before/after pic with the jeans is amazing! Great job! Thanks for the welcome.