I need help!!!!

Options
I went to my Dr today for my 2 weekly weigh in and well I did lose 3.6 pounds and that I am sooooo Happy about!! However I asked about my tummy and asked if it was still alot of fat and why was it not going down? (I have been over weight all my life, I am now 36 and losing it all) she told me it was going down and what I was seeing in my belly is SKIN!!! EXCESS SKIN!!! EWWWW................ what can I do? I have been doing crunches and pilates I don't know what else to do besides expensive surgery (that is not covered by insurance). I don't want a tummy tuck I want to do this on my own!!!!!

Please Help me with some exercise Ideas that really work

Replies

• monica5237
    Options
    I went to my Dr today for my 2 weekly weigh in and well I did lose 3.6 pounds and that I am sooooo Happy about!! However I asked about my tummy and asked if it was still alot of fat and why was it not going down? (I have been over weight all my life, I am now 36 and losing it all) she told me it was going down and what I was seeing in my belly is SKIN!!! EXCESS SKIN!!! EWWWW................ what can I do? I have been doing crunches and pilates I don't know what else to do besides expensive surgery (that is not covered by insurance). I don't want a tummy tuck I want to do this on my own!!!!!

Please Help me with some exercise Ideas that really work
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry, but there are no excercises that can get rid of excess skin. If the amounts are minor, sometimes building up the muscles underneath will help, also over time the skin may stretch back a bit. Otherwise it's either live with it or have one of those expensive surgeries. Try not to worry about it for now at least, I know it's heartbreaking, my arms look awful after the weight I've lost.
  • monica5237
    Options
    I'm really sorry, but there are no excercises that can get rid of excess skin. If the amounts are minor, sometimes building up the muscles underneath will help, also over time the skin may stretch back a bit. Otherwise it's either live with it or have one of those expensive surgeries. Try not to worry about it for now at least, I know it's heartbreaking, my arms look awful after the weight I've lost.

That just sux to hear
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

That just sux to hear

I know, it really does suck. Sometimes the surgery is covered by your health insurance at least partly, so it might be a possibility in the future when you are through with your weight loss. I may look into a surgery to have the excess skin on my arms removed if it doesn't stretch back at all over time.

Just remember, you are so muhc healthier than when you started out, a little excess skin can be delt with.:flowerforyou:
  • monica5237
    Options

That just sux to hear

I know, it really does suck. Sometimes the surgery is covered by your health insurance at least partly, so it might be a possibility in the future when you are through with your weight loss. I may look into a surgery to have the excess skin on my arms removed if it doesn't stretch back at all over time.

Just remember, you are so muhc healthier than when you started out, a little excess skin can be delt with.:flowerforyou:

Thank you for your support,
    I will do everything I can to get it gone i will do more with the sit ups and push ups and pilates and just keep trying to do something about it