What to do about my pizza loving boyfriend?

Options
I've only recently started thinking about what I'm eating, and I've been succeeding with weight loss, higher fitness levels and generally feeling a lot better!
My downfall is when I go and see my boyfriend... I love him to bits but he orders takeaways nearly every night, and almost always persuades me to get a pizza! He's very thoughtful and buys me my favourite chocolate bars, which I can't resist.
I'm not ungrateful, but it's definitely stopping me from kicking my bad habits. Any advice? I've tried explaining to him that I'm trying to lose weight but it's not helped at all!

Replies

• jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    this crust. light cheese. light sauce. veggies. no meat. or a salad. and watch the portions!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Offer to cook, maybe? If he still wants pizza, get a veggie one with thin crust and half the cheese. Only 200 cals a slice. Just try to find healthy options. You said you told him you're trying to lose weight, but have you really sat down and talked to him about what that means as far as food goes? Let him know very clearly that you need to eat certain things and stay away from other things. Sometimes guys take a little longer to grasp these concepts and you have to overexplain to get them on board. Good luck!
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend and I both adore pizza.
    he always requests it.
    Maybe some time take him him a pizza you made yourself.
    Low fat cheese, Turkey Sauce. Low calorie sauce,.
    Cauliflower Crust.'
    My boyfriend can barely tell the difference. Though he does notice that its very Cheesy.

cup cauliflower, grated

1/2 cup shredded light mozarella cheese

1 egg

1 tsp oregano

2 tsp basil

2 tsp parsley

1/2 tsp fennel

1 green pepper

1 onion

1 tomato

Garlic powder, to taste

Directions

Chop pepper, onion and tomato. Set aside. Steam the cauliflower, let it cool and then grate it.

Combine grated cauliflower with the mozzarella and egg in a large bowl. Spray a circular or rectangular metal pan with cooking spray before spreading the dough evenly. Sprinkle the dough with fennel, oregano, parsley and basil. Add garlic powder.

Bake at 450° F for 12-15 minutes. Remove the dough from the oven and sprinkle chopped green pepper, onion and tomato, as well as the remaining mozzarella cheese on top. Return the pizza to the oven. Turn the heat up to broil and leave in until the cheese has melted and the crust is crispy.
  • Enp1
    Enp1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    my fiance loves pizza and he eats it almost everyday. He understands that i am on a diet and i can't eat it so when he is eating pizza i make myself a salad or eat something else because i know that pizza is a very high calorie food. It is up to you what you put into your body and even if your boyfriend doesn't want to accept that you want to eat healthier let him eat whatever he wants. Make a decision for you
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I second home-made pizza. If not, then suggest eating out, take-aways can be just as expensive, bit eating out has healthier options. It's that's still not realistic, then a big work-out before you go over. But to be fair, I don't see why he can't just support you. Seems like he needs an accomplice, and maybe he's scared he'll lose you, if you lose the weight. But that's just pop psychology. You know him best.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are both watching calories but once a week we have Pizza night. We get a medium thin crust pepperoni pizza from Pizza hut...a whole one of these is 1600 calories and both of us usually "save up" calories for the day so we can have as much as we want...so far that hasn't hurt our weight loose (i usually weigh less the next day)

Also, making from scratch is good
  • Slimmasaurus
    Slimmasaurus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend and I both adore pizza.
    he always requests it.
    Maybe some time take him him a pizza you made yourself.
    Low fat cheese, Turkey Sauce. Low calorie sauce,.
    Cauliflower Crust.'
    My boyfriend can barely tell the difference. Though he does notice that its very Cheesy.

I love this idea, thank you! Can't wait to try it :) Maybe he won't notice if I sneak a few extra veggies into it hehe
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    we eat pizza at least once a week if not more since i live in philadelphia its kind of hard not to..i usually just get light on the cheese ( or take it off myself ) and ask for all the veggies...then its really bulky and filling but still feels like pizza and it doesnt undo your whole day
  • H8T3D
    H8T3D Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wheat thin crust Veggie pizza with no cheese!!!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I love pizza. I am a vegetarian and my boyfriend hates cheese. So we end up getting a veggie thin no cheese and its just as good but a lot less cals.
  • Soziberry
    Soziberry Posts: 115
    Options
    While on Slimming World, I learned how to make a doughless pizza for my 2 daughters who craved pizza (I stopped buying them) so I made a base with instant mash potato and topped with light mozzerella, half fat cheddar, tomato puree and lots of healthy veg plus a couple of olives. Lovely!

PIZZA RECIPE

1 x bag of MASH
    tomato puree
    any cheese(s)
    oregano and basil
    any toppings such as onion, mushroom, sweetcorn, etc!

1. pre-heat the oven and put a pizza tray in to warm up.
    2. put MASH into a bowl and slowly add water - make it as thick as possible (resemble pastry dough)...could always add some herbs to the base or some garlic.
    3. take pizza tray out of oven and spray with fry-light/pam spray.
    4. using your hands spread MASH out onto the pizza tray, but don't press down too hard....try and get it around 5mm.
    5. put in the oven for 7-10 minutes
    6. take out of oven, turn MASH base over and put back in over for a further 7-10 minutes to crisp the other side.
    7. remove from oven and leave to cool.
    8. bung all other ingredients on and finish off under the grill until the cheese melts.