Grilled Laughing Cow

Options
Has anyone made a grilled cheese using laughing cow?

I was going to do it w/ a slice of cheese cut in half on each side of my bread then the laughing cow in the center....but I refuse to eat fat free cheese slices so the cheese will add another 70 calories. I like my grilled cheese CHEESEY!

Trust me, 1 slice for me is a HUGE improvement! So by adding in the laughing cow it will be cheesier thus satisfy my gooey grilled cheese fix.

Anyone else do this?

Plus I have the dinner calories to spare even before I exercise. But if anyone has done it w/ only laughing cow...what did ya think?! Did it hold at all?

Oooh...ya know what, I have some reduced fat shredded mozz too....maybe I will use that instead of a cheese slice!

-Cheesehead in RI

BTW-does anyone else LOVE Blake Shelton and his "She wouldnt be gone" song? I'm listening to it right now!:love::love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Replies

• DisneyBride13
    Options
    Has anyone made a grilled cheese using laughing cow?

I was going to do it w/ a slice of cheese cut in half on each side of my bread then the laughing cow in the center....but I refuse to eat fat free cheese slices so the cheese will add another 70 calories. I like my grilled cheese CHEESEY!

Trust me, 1 slice for me is a HUGE improvement! So by adding in the laughing cow it will be cheesier thus satisfy my gooey grilled cheese fix.

Anyone else do this?

Plus I have the dinner calories to spare even before I exercise. But if anyone has done it w/ only laughing cow...what did ya think?! Did it hold at all?

Oooh...ya know what, I have some reduced fat shredded mozz too....maybe I will use that instead of a cheese slice!

-Cheesehead in RI

BTW-does anyone else LOVE Blake Shelton and his "She wouldnt be gone" song? I'm listening to it right now!:love::love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Let me know how it turns out..I LOVE laughing cow!
  • GodlessCommunism
    Options
    GREAT IDEA!!! A grilled laughing cow cheese sandwich! Awesome!
  • DisneyBride13
    Options
    Let me know how it turns out..I LOVE laughing cow!

I will!

I decided to do 1 wedge of french onion laughing cow spread evenly on 1 slice of bread then 1/4 cup reduced fat mozzerella on top of the laughing cow followed by the top slice of bread.

Using the 2 slices of whole grain white
    1 wedge of laughing cow
    1/4 cup reduced fat mozz
    2 tsp margarine on reverse sides for grilling

the calorie count is 395g

Not awful considering what a "bad for you" grilled cheese comes in at!

Im sure if you dont mind fat free slices that would lower the fat/calories

So would not using margarine

but then, it would not do it for me as a "grilled cheese"

Serving this with 1cup campbells select harvest tomato and basil soup!

Yummy!
  • AJneuro
    AJneuro Posts: 33
    Options
    the fat free kraft slices are soooo cheesy and they melt soo good -- i only need one but here is the calorie count for using two slices -- the best low fat grilled cheese -- use brummel and brown margarine and sara lee 45 and delightful bread

Kraft Singles - American Fat Free Slices, 2 slices
    Sara Lee - 45 Calories and Delightful Wheat Bread, 2 slices
    Brummel & Brown - Yogurt Spread, 1 Tbsp
    total: 195 cals; 22g carbs ; 6g fat;
  • DisneyBride13
    Options
    Ok...it was FANTASTIC!!!!!!

I know the cals are on the high side but not for dinner!

The french onion laughing cow w/ lite mozz was TO DIE FOR!:love::love: :love: :love:

Fiance' LOVED it and normally him+healthy food ="nope, not gonna happen"

I would swap out the whole grain white for wonder lite to reduce cals but the bread I used was in fact, PERFECT for grilled cheese, nice and dense.....yummy yummy yummy:love::love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Sure to be a regular for us!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I LOVE grilled cheese and have been bummed that I've had to cut back on my Sunday sandwich, hopefully with these adjustments it can get back on the menu! :drinker:
  • sarakenna1
    Options
    I do my grilled cheese with whole wheat bread, thinly sliced onion, thinly sliced tomatoe, a thin slice of hame, and a wedge of laughing cow cheese. Super good!