Why do I feel so quilty?

Options
erm I meant guilty not quilty. lol

I work out every single day....I know I am supposed to take a rest day but I cant stand doing it....I just want this fat to be off of me with every once of my being. I just feel so guilty if I even have 1 rest day....Is this normal? lol. Also I had some candy today... I think thats part of the quilt ! lol But every rest day I feel the need to work out and if I dont I feel bloated...its so weird.

Also what do u guys think of splurge days?? to splurge or not to splurge? Knowing me I'll splurge and work out right after haha

Replies

• BigZ486
    BigZ486 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Attaining and maintaining a healthy weight isn't about stressing out over doing it as quickly as possible...it's about changing your lifestyle, for the rest of your life...for decades.

So relax, don't break yourself, and enjoy the changes :-)
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a rest day since June 19. Only because I was so sunburnt I could barely move. Before that, I hadn't taken one since April or May. I know how you feel...
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    fix your routine to include no rest days then =] ... Your body does need time to repair, of course; however, I feel better with heavy cardio on my "rest" days from lifting.

Revise your routine to work well for what YOU desire
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have been dieting for almost 12 weeks and I have only had 2 "cheat days" where I actually went over my calories. I only ended up going over like 200 calories each day though. My thoughts are that if that is something a person has to do to stay on track then go ahead. Some people don't have the will power to stop, then they start having more and more cheat days until they are back to square one.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    In my own opinion, I would cut back on exercise and focus on making any improvements to my diet. I was stuck at 137-139 for over 3 months. I was eating healthy foods, not drinking soda, drinking water but not enough and rarely did any fast food. I was exercising 6 days a week with P90X, elliptical and additional strength training. When I was forced to quit exercising due to an injury, I revised my meals plans to make breakfast my largest meal, lunch my second largest meal and dinner my lightest. I added 3 snacks in between. I upped my water intake to a minimum of 8 glasses each day. Just a few small tweaks to my diet and I dropped just shy of 10 pounds in 3 weeks.

Click on the link below my ticker called My Journey. It explains what happened in there. Experiment with different things. Each person may need something different to get their metabolism going. Good luck to you!
  • CoolMoonGoddess
    Options
    I limit myself to one cheat day per week, if that ... It seems to work for me to not feel like I can "never" eat the cheat foods again. Since I know I have my allowed cheat days, I don't stress over missing out on sweets or higher calorie foods as much.

Hope that helps!
  • kjjm08
    kjjm08 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I took my first rest day off yesterday in awhile and I felt horrible. I have to run everyday or I just feel like crap basically. Try including something easy but still worth it on your day off [my new plan]. Good luck!