Need a new blender - what kind?

Options
My blender died and I want one that can handle frozen fruit, spinach leaves, ice cubes and juice or yogurt all at once. What kind of blender should I get and about what is the price range for a decent one?

Replies

• Bethabee_
    Bethabee_ Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have a ninja and it is AMAZING! I got it on sale.. but i believe it is normally like 50-70 but man it can do it ALL! and more...=]
    http://www.ninjakitchen.com/NinjaMasterPrep.shtml?tabID=detailsCont
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Kitchen Ninja. You can get a cheaper one than the one that is on the infomercial at Target for around $30 I think. I use mine once a day minimum.

In the past week we have made protein shakes, fruit puree for homemade sorbet, guacamole, salsa and pico de gallo.

Best kitchen gadget ever!!!
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have an oster that works really good. I got it for 20 bucks. One of my friends has the ninja. It is awesome. She got hers at Walmart. I want to get one of those eventually!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Its actually an expensive blender but beyond worth it Vitamix. My sister bought it on amazon, its the same brand Jamba juice and other professional smoothies places use and omg that thing is amazing. I will be buying one when she moves out!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    American Test Kitchen likes Kitchen-Aid 5-Speed Blender for 99.95. Next best is Kalorik BL Blender for 49.99
  • AAJoseph
    AAJoseph Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    VITAMIX... I have never looked back... and I will never love another.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Vitamix is on my long list, but I need something in the meantime, lol!! Thanks for the ideas. I looked at the Ninja and wondered - good to hear from some who use it!
  • crunchygirl
    Options
    I have a blendtec. 100% worth it!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    NINJA!!! Its a great blender! Handy and so convenient!
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Love my Kitchen Aid. I tried a VitaMix, but was not impressed with the power as compared to the price. My KitchenAid does pretty much the same for a fraction of the cost.
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I have had an Oster Beehive for about 10 years and love it. Simple, two speeds (low, high); glass container that comes apart for easy cleaning. About $60 on amazon. I use it for smoothies, soups, mayo, etc.