New to MFP, but I am an encouraged Grandma!

SherleeTxn
SherleeTxn Posts: 24 Member
edited September 29 in Introduce Yourself
I am a newby, also. And I am a grandmother, which means the weight doesn't come off as easy as for someone even a little younger. Like most of you, I was amazed at how it all looks when I see it in black and white. I never add salt, but once I changed my settings to include sodium, I was shocked!! I can see this is going to be a long, uphill battle, but we can all do it together! Do I hear an AMEN??

Replies

• XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    AMEN! (:
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    I feel ya on the sodium it cause my weight to go up and down and the weight does seem harder to lose. You get an AMEN for that alone and a big welcome to MFP
  • geesdubya
    geesdubya Posts: 27 Member
    Amen Sister! I'm not a grandma yet, but it sure is scary to see the numbers in black and white and it sure is hard to get them off!
  • Lucinda58
    Lucinda58 Posts: 1
    AMEN!!! I am also a grandma. I have been working on losing weight for about 3 months and have lost ten pounds so far. Slow and steady wins the race, right?:happy:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Welcome! I am a grandma too.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Amen to that. I too neglected to track my sodium and I was shocked when I finally started. I try to do low sodium on as many things I eat, every little reduction adds up at the end of the day. My mindset was "oh, low sodium version is only 100mg less, why bother" but throughout the day those 100mg add up to big reductions. Now that the gov't. says we should only get 2000mg max per day, it's getting even harder. Good luck to you on your journey.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    All the best! Welcome to the 'family'.
  • SherleeTxn
    SherleeTxn Posts: 24 Member
    Thank you, everyone, and good luck! Hope you are having lots of success!
  • Tutumiller
    Tutumiller Posts: 11
    I am a grandmother too. My MD said Icould'nt lose weight because of the meds I'm on. However,since starting mfp in April 2011, I have lost 17 lbs. I lose a few lbs, then remain the same for several weeks and then finally go down by another few lbs. Sig sagging calorie counts so that you average 1200 lbs a week helps me. Tutu
  • ItsMeMaryW
    ItsMeMaryW Posts: 119 Member
    I am a Grandma too, not really a young one either I'm 52 and am living proof you can still lose weight. I have thyroid issues and at times hit plateaus. In fact just coming out of a month long one...I had a lot to lose and still do but I can do this. I watch salt and drink lots of water. I started in July last year and just hit 136 lbs lost this morning. I wish you the best of luck on your journey.
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Amen!!!
    :0)
    I love your enthusiasm!
This discussion has been closed.