I am new and ready for new me in Mid-Life.

Options
Hi,

I will be 50 in a little over a year and the changes that my body has been making are driving me crazy. :huh: I have been 10 lbs lighter than I have been in a long time and find that "middle-aged spread" has set in and my clothes fit tighter instead of looser. I have gone through menopause for 6 years and am looking for support to keep me on track with a positive approach. :laugh:

I want to lose 37 lbs by the end of the year. I want to loose slow and make it stick by developing the healthy lifestyle that I can stick with. I want to grow old gracefully and not run out of breath going up a flight of stairs. I am looking forward to finding others with the same interest or who have been there and done that.

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome - you have come to the right place :-) Have a look at my profile, and if you want send me friend request - I love hanging out with people that is serious about changing their life for the better :-)
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a friend request! I just turned 48 and need to lose about the same amount you do.
  • Marlys101
    Marlys101 Posts: 100
    Options
    Welcome! You'll love it here. Feel free to add me.
    Marlys
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    Good luck, you can do it! Feel free to add me
  • Goal4Good
    Goal4Good Posts: 115
    Options
    You are singing my song! Turned 50 this year. Menopause hit hard. Middle age spread started despite the fact that I exercise like a maniac. Its get soooo much harder to lose during this period of life but its not impossible. We just have to work it and be patient. Aren't gonna be dropping 15 pounds by cutting back on the soda like we did in our 20's! So, I'll send you a friend request. I think we 50's girls shoudl stick together. Its a WHOLE different ballgame now.

I just found MFP a week ago. Been doing WW for the past 6 years and have lose and regained the same 15 pounds 4 times. I got to goal 4 times and never stayed there long enough to make lifetime. I've been on MFP a week and the scale is already showing 4 lbs lost even though my official WI day it not till tomorrow. That's better than I've done on WW for the last 6 months! Friend me!
  • wetta65
    wetta65 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I will be 46 this year and know exactly how you feel! I am new to MFP, and it is a great feeling to see that others feel the same as I do. I had lost 30 pounds on a different diet and it has mysteriously returned! Send a friend request if you would like to chat!
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP. It's an awesome site - really easy to use and the support you get from everyone is motivational/inspiring.

Feel free to add me. Good luck :wink: