Bad Food Day

Options
I didn't plan well for my work day today and ended up getting really hungry before I usually do. So I got a reduced fat muffin (had I stopped there, it wasn't too bad), a three musketeers bar (thinking this was the best way to get my chocolate fix) and a small can of pringles. 910 calories just for lunch and a snack... eek!

Then on top of that I ended up having tacos for dinner b/c the boyfriend cooked. That actually wasn't too much worse than dinner is most nights in terms of calories. But the brownie I had to have after dinner topped the whole day off.

My goal is 1400 and I ended up with over 2000 calories today. I am really trying not to make so many bad choices in a day. I am kind of disappointed with myself for not making better choices. That kind of day certainly won't help me lose.

Also, having back spasms and need a day off from the gym.

I am blaming PMS, but you can only blame that for so many chocolate fixes.

Just needed to vent. I feel so guilty about bad days that it can throw me off track for weeks. :cry: I didn't mean to make so many bad choices today, but what is done is done. I will try to make better choices tomorrow.

Replies

• DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    I didn't plan well for my work day today and ended up getting really hungry before I usually do. So I got a reduced fat muffin (had I stopped there, it wasn't too bad), a three musketeers bar (thinking this was the best way to get my chocolate fix) and a small can of pringles. 910 calories just for lunch and a snack... eek!

Then on top of that I ended up having tacos for dinner b/c the boyfriend cooked. That actually wasn't too much worse than dinner is most nights in terms of calories. But the brownie I had to have after dinner topped the whole day off.

My goal is 1400 and I ended up with over 2000 calories today. I am really trying not to make so many bad choices in a day. I am kind of disappointed with myself for not making better choices. That kind of day certainly won't help me lose.

Just needed to vent. I feel so guilty about bad days that it can throw me off track for weeks. :cry: I didn't mean to make so many bad choices today, but what is done is done. I will try to make better choices tomorrow.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

Here's just a few ideas to help you out a bit the next time this happens...you mentioned that you didn't plan well today, so maybe you typically do bring healthy snacks with you, but if you don't...start...keep your fridge and cupboards stocked with individual servings of health treats (yogurts, carrots, granola/fiber/protein bars, animal crackers, fresh fruit, pretzels, etc) and grab a few to take with you every day...then you'll always be prepared.

And for the PMS chocolate cravings, try Jello sugar free chocolate pudding cups...they are so yummy and only 60 calories...feels like an indulgence but it's really not!

Oh, and keep on trucking...you're right...today is one day and what is done is done...tomorrow is a new day...so don't let today's poor choices make tomorrow an all out binge day...back on the wagon this minute, this second...starting now...you CAN do this!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I may be way off here....but are you sure you are eating enough? Have you checked your BMR number? 1400 sounds kinda low, just looking at your ticker, I would think it would need to be higher simply to function.
  • smsmithart
    smsmithart Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    im right there with you blaming pms ...i almost threw my scale out the window today....

i love candy
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    My BMR was about 1750. For one pound a week it gave me around 1900 and for two pounds a week it is 1430. It definitely feels a little low! When I exercise, I do eat my exercise calories. I haven't lost consistently yet, but that is partly b/c I switch back and forth between good and bad days!

I am 223 right now and 5'7". I should also add that I am pretty muscular for a girl my size. I have a really strong lower body and stick by the fact that the scale weighs me as heavier than I actually look. Not sure if that changes anything...

Do my numbers seem right to you all?
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I am kinda like you...
    I weigh more then I look, although, I noticed I am lookin pretty...fluffy....these days.

I have asked tons of people and they say there isn't any reason to eat below your BMR numbers.
    Now, I know what it feels like to want to lose 2 lbs a week....but maybe it's a goal your body can't handle and function at it's peek. Does that make sense? I only lose 1 lb a week, even though I set out to lose 2 lbs a week, my body just isn't kosher with that.

You may have better luck then I did though.
    I have actually lost more weight since hitting closer to my BMR then I did when I was only eating 1200 cals. I am known for under-eating for days then pigging out.

Anyway, I would maybe re-evaluate your numbers. You shouldn't feel hungry (like REAL hunger).
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    I'm gonna switch my numbers to 1.5 lbs a week. That should put me really close to my BMR and see if maybe I can be more consistent with my diet. Plus, that will mean that I can actually make it through days that I can't exercise. Thanks for the advice! I think it could be a step in the right direction.