Diabetic with 2 kids...goal to lose 30lbs.

Options
AJDL
AJDL Posts: 16 Member
I've been diabetic for going on 27 years, have a son who's 3 1/2 and a daughter who's 6 months. I am looking to lose 30lbs by Christmas time. I've been a member for just over a month and only lost 3lbs. I'm a little disappointed since I should be losing roughly 2lbs a week. I am always under my calorie goal, but can't always exercise. When I do get exercise in, I run or play Just Dance 2 on Wii. I am trying to train for my 2nd 5K of the year, then following that I have a team doing the JDRF(juvenile diabetes research fund) walk. Very exciting!!

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    dont worry, u'll lose the weight, i didnt lose a lot of weight per month all the time... its better to lose little by little a month rather than a lot in one month because the chances of it coming back on is greater when u lose it fast rather than slow
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    When I can't exercise....I just try not to sit. I walk around cleaning, playing with the kids, just no sitting. I burn alot of extra calories.
    Every little bit helps! Do you weigh & measure your food? Your portions maybe bigger then you think.
    Losing your weight slowly is the best way to keep it off : )
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • wanttogetskinny
    Options
    Being diabetic (I assume you are Type 1) and on insulin makes it harder to lose weight. I've been diabetic 19 years, and while I've lost some weight, I believe it's all just water weight. It's hard because I've had a lot of lows lately meaning a lot of calories going towards correcting those lows. Plus I've heard that more insulin used = harder to lose weight...and trying to cut back on insulin means cutting back on carbs.

I'd love to be your friend here on MFP...we both will have similar experiences to draw on!

Where is the JDRF walk you are doing happening? I'm doing one in September in Milwaukee, WI.