Need to lose 30 pounds by May for my Wedding!!!!

Options
imdawn
imdawn Posts: 50 Member
I just joined this site today, because I saw a girl on weddingbycolor.com (another website I'm obsessed with currently) and she lost 50 pounds in 6 months and looks amazing with the help of this website! So here I am hoping this website can help me lose about 30 pounds in 8 months!:smile:

The website says I can only have 1200 calories a day though...ouch (Isn't that insane?!) that is going to be hard to get used to! But I did walk yesterday and today for an hour...so hopefully I can stick with it! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• imdawn
    Options
    I just joined this site today, because I saw a girl on weddingbycolor.com (another website I'm obsessed with currently) and she lost 50 pounds in 6 months and looks amazing with the help of this website! So here I am hoping this website can help me lose about 30 pounds in 8 months!:smile:

The website says I can only have 1200 calories a day though...ouch (Isn't that insane?!) that is going to be hard to get used to! But I did walk yesterday and today for an hour...so hopefully I can stick with it! :flowerforyou:
  • licia67
    licia67 Posts: 109
    Options
    If you are excercising, it is a good idea to add in the calories needed to sustain the type of excercise.
    Concentrate on your "net calories"
    As an example, I shoot for around 1800 calories a day, my workouts typically use between 350-450 calories, my net calories 1350-1450 calories per day.

This page also tells me that I need 1200 cals net per day.
    If I were to eat only that amount I would be in serious deficit and my body would go into starvation mode and begin using muscle for energy and storing fat.

Hope that helps.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    As long as you are also logging your exercise into MFP... it will calculate your burned calories and add them to your daily calories to consume. Therefore... you get 1200 calories per day... you burn say, 200 calories per day.. as long as you log that into MFP... it will change your calories for 1400 for that day. Good luck with the weightloss. I joined this site last May to lose 20lbs for my wedding. I lost 16lbs and looked (I think) great in my dress. They had to take it in! Keep up the good work.. just take it one day at a time.
  • imdawn
    Options
    Thanks, I see what you mean now about the calories thing..I put in my exercise and now I can have a glass of milk with my dinner...YAY! haha thanks again!
  • cfwat
    cfwat Posts: 17
    Options
    I have found that it is an awsome site and you will be very successful. Keep up the good work. :smile:
  • licia67
    licia67 Posts: 109
    Options
    Congratulations on the nuptuals!
    Can't wait to see your success story!

Licia
  • Bride092909
    Options
    WELCOME BRIDE TO BE!
    I'm a kindered spirit, my wedding is in August 2009...here to lose a couple of pounds too.
    Keep strong, it's a long road by the walk down the aisle will be sweet!

98244.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • fateschild
    fateschild Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I joined this site because I was planning on getting married next year and wanted to lose some weight. However, my wedding was moved up by a lot. I was married in August of this year. But I am still here determined to reach the original goal that I set for myself.

Good luck. Feel free to contact people on here if you have problems. :happy:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Dawn, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too.
    I saw on your profile page that you eat alot of Lean Cuisine meals. I've gotta tell you, that even though they're good calorie wise, most of the boxed meals are just loaded with sodium, which will really slow up your losing.
    And also, to fill up, it would be really helpful to your weight loss if you could eat such things as salads and other veggies. I know it's helped me lose the 38 pounds I've lost in around 6 months, so if you could do that, you'd DEFINITELY be able to lose the 30 you want in 8!