is this a good menu?

Options
Mdin1029
Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
Breakfast-Quaker Instant Oatmeal Maple and Brown Sugar (I know the regular flavor would be better, and steel cut oats would be even better)
30 minute jog
Snack-Smoothie-whey protien scoop or half scoop blended with 1 cup water and 1 cup frozen blueberries or mixed berries
Lunch-2 cups mix of arugla, romaine, spinach salad with cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, 1 tablespoon walnuts, 1/2 tablesoon extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 tablesppon balsalmic vinegar
Sandwich-organic peanutbutter and sugar free blackberry jam on 2 slices 100% whole wheat bread
Snack-Nature Valle dark chocolate and oats bar and kirkland diet iced green tea
Dinner-Spinach and feta stuffed salmon from trader joes
6 cups water
Dessert-sugar free dark chocolate pudding

What is your go-to healthy but satisfying menu for a day?

Replies

• jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Looks good and healthy to me, the only thing I would say is to double your water.. My go to menu is:

Breakfast: 2 eggs with whole wheat toast, no butter , Chobani Greek Yogurt
    Snack: Small smoothie (mango a go go or something similar about 200 calories)
    Workout: 70 minutes of swimming or 1 hour of body pump
    After Workout Snack: 2 String Cheese
    Lunch: 2 slices whole wheat bread with 1.5 tsp of reduced fat olive oil mayo. 3 oz low fat lunch meat. Lettuce, Tomato, 1 slice jarlsberg lite swiss cheese. Baby carrots or fruit.
    Snack: Fat Free Popcorn or Chocolatey Drizzle 90 Calorie Rice Cakes
    Dinner: Baked chicken breast tenderloins with citrus and basil rub, 2 or 3 cups fresh steamed veggies (broccoli or asparagus), sliced tomatoes with white balsamic vinegar, and 1 cup couscous or 3/4 cup brown rice.
    Snack: Lil' Drums Drumstick Ice Cream Cone or Jello Temptations Lemon Meringue
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    breakfast-1/2c oatmeal and a boiled egg
    snack-can if tuna and brown rice
    lunch-protein, salad and fruit/veg
    snack-popcorn(im a junkie) and protein powder
    dinner-protein, salad and veg
    pure proetien bar