How much calories should I eat?

Options
I am 5'2 and weight 132 lbs. I'm Asian and naturally small boned, my weight has always hovered around 102 lbs till I started bingeing 4 years ago and gained 30lbs!
Now I'm trying to lose the 30 pounds (giving myself max of 1 year to do tt) and want to seek advice on how much calories I should be taking?

My exercise plan: Gym for 30minutes 5 times a week.
My calorie intake: 1200cals

Is my plan alright? Am I exercising too little?

Thanks for your help:)

Replies

• SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Your plan is fine as long as you log everything and you're making sure you eat 1200 NET calories a day. Good luck!
  • clothesleeve
    Options
    I'm just worried that I may be eating too little. But 1200 calories is fine right?
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Yes 1200 is good. But if you burn 250 calories in your workout, for example, bring your intake up to 1450. Etc.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I started on 1200 calories and lost weight for the first month and plateued. My shape kept improving but after a while that stayed the same, as did my weight. I then increased my calories to 1500 a day for 2 weeks, then down to 1300 a day. I have started losing again since being on 1300. Everyone's journey is different, don't be afraid to vary what you do along the way.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I started on 1200 calories and lost weight for the first month and plateued. My shape kept improving but after a while that stayed the same, as did my weight. I then increased my calories to 1500 a day for 2 weeks, then down to 1300 a day. I have started losing again since being on 1300. Everyone's journey is different, don't be afraid to vary what you do along the way.

Good advice. I second this. Do what works til it doesn't work then try something new. But don't be too quick to change up your game plan.